The 9/11 Accountability Conference From My Perspective

Video
Click Here (Video Google)

By Jon Gold
2/26/2007

Well, I'm back. Home safe and sound. As you may have read in my other blog, the conference started on shaky grounds, but the end result was phenomenal. So many good things took place, it will be hard for me to summarize all of them. I'm going to share with you the things I was privy to. I have no doubt you will be hearing from many more people about this conference.

I spoke with Peter Garritano from Vermont in regards to the Ballot initiative. One of the important points about that initiative is that if it's passed, or gets enough signatures, it then can become a topic of discussion in Town Hall meetings across the state. Regardless of whether or not your elected officials act on it. As we learned through the Vermont initiative, it is also a way to get media attention. I hope that if you are in a state that has a ballot initiative, you do everything within your power to make it happen.

Bob McIlvaine, who lost his son Bobby on 9/11, attended this conference, and it was a pleasure to see him. He is a good, good man, and listening to him speak, and listening to him share his strength, motivates me to do more. I was also privileged to meet Michele Little. Michele was one of the three family members that called for a new investigation at the National Press Club in Washington D.C., 9/11/2006. She lost her brother David, who was a firefighter. She is also an amazing individual, and I am so happy that I got to meet her. Both of them gave a memorial presentation on Saturday morning to start off the conference. It was extremely emotional for me. I just couldn't stop crying. I hope that someone gets that online as soon as possible. I spoke with both of them about reaching out to the family members that share our concerns. To hopefully have more of them come forward. Mr. McIlvaine is going to contact Bill Doyle to see if any of the family members that he represents are willing to come forward. You may remember that Bill Doyle represents a lot of family members, and he has said that about half of them think as we do. Radical Pragmatist and I were brainstorming about having an event just for the family members to speak. We would like to invite Dennis Kucinich, and Ron Paul to attend. Hopefully this will happen.

I heard someone mention something referred to as a "Special Order". I don't quite understand it, but apparently we can ask someone like Dennis Kucinich to introduce a "Special Order" on the floor of the House, which can be about requesting a new investigation, and he has to do it. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me about this topic will post something in this blog.

Eating times were exciting for me. I got to eat with people such as Jack Blood, Ian Woods, Bob McIlvaine, Peter Dale Scott, Michele Little, Sander Hicks, Mrs. Wallace and Jimmy, and many other people within the movement.

I learned a lot this weekend about the scientific aspects regarding 9/11. Steven Jones, and Jim Fetzer's presentation was very educational for me. I attended because I wanted to see if there was anything "new", and also to see Prof. Jones get his chance to respond to certain allegations. As a result, I learned that elements found after a nuclear explosion were not present at Ground Zero. That puts the "Mini-Nukes hypothesis" to rest. I learned that certain pictures used to promote the "Exotic Weaponry hypothesis" do not tell the whole story, and other pictures are in existence that do, and contradict that "hypothesis". That puts the "Exotic Weaponry hypothesis" to rest. The one thing that went through my mind during that presentation was what is the motivation of the people that promote this dangerous information? If it has been "debunked" like it has, why do you continue to promote it? I don't have the answer to that question, but I certainly have my suspicions. Credibility behind our message, I believe, is everything.

Michele Little wants to have a fund-raiser for first responders, and she wants me to help her. This could be very helpful for them because she is a family member that lost her firefighter brother. This will hopefully be good news for the first responders, and other people suffering.

I want to say thank you to everyone that attended this conference, to everyone that helped to make it happen, and to everyone that allowed me to interview them. Yes, there were problems, but this cause is more important than any one individual, and any one mistake. We must keep pushing forward for truth and justice to prevail. We have A LOT of momentum right now, and we must use it to the best of our ability.