Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Watch Jon Stewart Blast Crossfire - Must Watch

Keep living a "half-truth".
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

This conversation is over.

United States Falls To 44th In The World For Press Freedom

44th out of 167 countries, and our 1st Amendment claims "Freedom Of The Press". We should be #1.

If you continue arguing for the media, then that's your prerogative. I, however, am done with this conversation.

911=inside job Guest
    pg, gold is 100% right on this one...

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    You guys are totally misunderstanding me. I know the media doesn't do it's job right!
    I've always known that. That's not what I'm saying in this thread. I mean, everyone seems to think that Jon Stewart is some sort of hero for going on Crossfire and setting the media straight. But that's not what he did. He didn't even do anything close to that. All he said was:

“Why do we have to fight?”

“Here is what I want to tell you guys stop hurting America. Come work with me.”

“You’re part of their (politicos) strategies you’re partisan hacks”

He basically said that debates are hurting America. I'm saying that we need more shows like Crossfire because they bring livelyl debates to the American public and the republicans on that show always get there ass's kicked.

Do you acknowledge the "talking points" debates that took place on Crossfire? "Talking points" debates about things the Republicans, and Democrats want you to debate are nonsense, and serve no purpose other than those of the Republicans and Democrats.

Don't you understand? Republicans and Democrats. ONLY Republicans and Democrats. What about Libertarians? What about the Green Party? Marijuana Party, whatever... they restrict our knowledge by restricting our access.

So you can have as many shows "like Crossfire" as you want. More wood on the fire... they still serve no purpose the way today's America works.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Do you acknowledge the "talking points" debates that took place on Crossfire? "Talking points" debates about things the Republicans, and Democrats want you to debate are nonsense, and serve no purpose other than those of the Republicans and Democrats.

Don't you understand? Republicans and Democrats. ONLY Republicans and Democrats. What about Libertarians? What about the Green Party? Marijuana Party, whatever... they restrict our knowledge by restricting our access.

So you can have as many shows "like Crossfire" as you want. More wood on the fire... they still serve no purpose the way today's America works.
    Obviously you've never scene the show. The start of by doing "political briefings" in which the democrat gives a quick fact on any issue (usually Bush bashing) and the republican gives his rebutall, and vice versa. They do like 3 stories each. Then usually they bring on another democrat and republican and debate multiple issues in 2 segments. The reason it was such a great show was because they give out hardcore facts which arne't "nonsense" that the rest of the media doesn't talk about. I mean they were the only show that talked about Halliburton and how the American people were being screwed. And the Bush supporters usually get their asses kicked! We need more of that.

Regarding Libertarians and other parties, what about them? How would you make the media? I mean for the long term future there will be only 2 major parties to deal with and American's are just gonna have to deal with that. That's why Bill Maher and Michael Moore got on their knees and begged Nader not to run for president in the 04 elections. I would like multiple parties but it's too late for that, other wise it would benit a guy like Bush.

Have they ever told anyone that their Government was complicit in 9/11?

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    No but the 2 dems called Bush a liar.

Then they serve me no purpose.

ThotPolice Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    You guys are totally misunderstanding me. I know the media doesn't do it's job right!
    I've always known that. That's not what I'm saying in this thread. I mean, everyone seems to think that Jon Stewart is some sort of hero for going on Crossfire and setting the media straight. But that's not what he did. He didn't even do anything close to that. All he said was:

“Why do we have to fight?”

“Here is what I want to tell you guys stop hurting America. Come work with me.”

“You’re part of their (politicos) strategies you’re partisan hacks”

He basically said that debates are hurting America. I'm saying that we need more shows like Crossfire because they bring livelyl debates to the American public and the republicans on that show always get there ass's kicked.
    1) This is a TV news/debate show that’s own host has admitted to it being “theater” more entertaining than news. Therefore the only reason to watch it is to be entertained. If debate and news is only effective when truthful and non emotional, than I’m sorry this piece of crap, Orwellian themed performance piece belongs on comedy central along side Stewart. I wouldn’t watch it.

2) John Stewart is a COMEDIAN what he did was funny on a satiric level. Satires aim is to make light of the times in a way that exposes the hypocrisy and idiocy of our culture/times. He went on a stupid glib aggressive news infotainment debate/fight show and argued about how media like it is becoming dishonest and ruining America WITHCH IT IS so it is fucking hilarious poignant and painfully funny all at the same time. He doesn’t need to be a politician he is a political comedian, people like and listen to comedians better anyway. Ever heard of Lenny Bruce?

3) Why do you think these “debates” are filled with the constant interruptions, flaming taunts and loudest voice competitions? It’s so no one can present a decent argument. Why are the ratings so high? Because our brain dead generation was raised on the human zoo of TV talk shows and it sells. To a lot of them this is their only “news”. Why do you think there hasn’t been undismissed public outcry about the war? Because our media and shows like this foster an apathetic or us vs. them approach to politics in people. This hurts America and Canada too.