Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Watch Jon Stewart Blast Crossfire - Must Watch

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    That's not why he did that. He did that because he thinks punditry is bad for the country. Even on his show he spoofed Hannity & Colmes because they had heated debates. And after Stewart made that remark showing what a jerk-off he is, Carlson pointed out that he gave Kerry soft ball questions and how unfunny he is without a script. Stewert even tried to make jokes but they were freakin horrible.

Bottom line: Jon Stewart = Duece Bag
    If you don't see a problem with our current media, then there's nothing I can say or do to convince you.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Quote Originally Posted by Uber Commandante
    One of the things you see on 'outfoxed' is how white house 'talking points' are distributed to right wing media, where they are repeated ad infinitum almost word for word. You hear the WH press secretary say something, and then you hear Fox news parrots say the exact same thing on their 'opinion' shows. And the you hear the same verbiage on conservative radio, and pretty soon a gullible population believes it.

In fact, W even tells us this:

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Thats why fox news is propoganda - they are not really interested in fulfilling their duties of analyzing the government and exposing lies and corruption. Their corporation benefits from administration policies, and therefore its in their best interest to keep repeating nonsense.
    To reiterate...

Here's what I believe:

Have you ever come across a bum on the street, and you couldn't even make eye contact with them because they're "Less Than Human"?

That's how our "Leaders" perceive us. They don't care about us as individuals. We are "Less Than Human".

It's a PROVEN fact that the Corporations care more about the bottom dollar than the people they sell their products to. If our Elected Officials are interchangeable with their Corporate Counterparts, then why should their priorities be any different? Guess what? They're not.

Over the years, the Corporations have slowly taken America away from us. Most decisions made in Washington D.C. no longer benefit Americans, but the Corporations themselves.

If by "New World Order" you mean that the Corporations are taking over the planet, then yes, I believe in the NEW WORLD ORDER.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    If you don't see a problem with our current media, then there's nothing I can say or do to convince you.
    I know there's a problem with the media and what Carlson said was flat out wrong on his show. But Stewart blasted Crossfire just because they have lively debates and that, according to him is "hurting America".

jetsetlemming Guest
    Yesterday, Bill O'Reilly called the guy who made "outfoxed" a lying stupid dope.

ThotPolice Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    I only watch tv news for entertainment anymore..
    That’s exactly what John's point was.
    When the institution that's entire purpose is to prevent corruption becomes a whore for the system, allowing polititions to avoid scrutiny, it becomes pointless, as well as embarrassing to America.
    The dumbing down of culture and war have always been good buddies.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotPolice
    That’s exactly what John's point was.
    When the institution that's entire purpose is to prevent corruption becomes a whore for the system, allowing polititions to avoid scrutiny, it becomes pointless, as well as embarrassing to America.
    The dumbing down of culture and war have always been good buddies.
    At which point did he say that? What's his exact quote where he suggests that?

And if he thought that, he picked the wrong show because Crossfire was one of the best shows in terms of news and debates.

And if he thought that, he picked the wrong show because Crossfire was one of the best shows in terms of news and debates.
    Keep believing that.

ThotPolice Guest

Of course he didn’t say exactly what I paraphrased of his dialogue.

Here are some things he was trying to say in-between the baits taunts and interruptions.

“Why do we have to fight?”

(Emotions deflect the issues, confuse the audience, as well as derail points making the debate pointless.)

(Here is a funny one no-one noticed) “I always thought in a democracy.. and I don’t know I only live in this country”

“Sometimes candidates that aren’t going to win can speak the most freely otherwise shows like “cross fire”, “hardball” or “I’m gonna kick your ass will jump on it.”

JS: “Here is what I want to tell you guys stop hurting America. Come work with me.”
    Bowtie: How do you pay?
    JS: “Not well but you can sleep at night.”

“You’re part of their (politicos) strategies you’re partisan hacks”

“We need help from the media and they are hurting us” *Loud applause*

JS: “This is theater”
    Bowtie: “I know I know you are right”

“You’re on cnn, you have a responsibility to the public discourse and you fail miserably”

Coherent points.. Interrupted…interrupted…commercial.

Shows like this create the illusion of debate and public discourse, when really they are tools to distract and confuse from the issues or reality, whatever you call it.

As well they perpetuate the vacuous, mean spirited display of aggressive one-upness that has become a large part of American culture/TVmedia in these last 5 years.

They are completely pointless, glib, heated fights not debates. When they brought Jerry Springer to the news they failed the people.

Ratings whores is what they are, these shows have no integrity.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../15/cf.01.html

BEGALA: Well, it's because, see, we're a debate show.

STEWART: No, no, no, no, that would be great.

BEGALA: It's like saying The Weather Channel reduces everything to a storm front.

STEWART: I would love to see a debate show.

BEGALA: We're 30 minutes in a 24-hour day where we have each side on, as best we can get them, and have them fight it out.

STEWART: No, no, no, no, that would be great. To do a debate would be great. But that's like saying pro wrestling is a show about athletic competition.

He mentioned that a debate would be great three times, but why do you think he compared "Crossfire", which was supposed to be a "debate" show, to pro-wrestling?

Hmmmm... he likes debates, but doesn't like "Crossfire", a debate show...

He compares "Crossfire" to pro-wrestling... and when anything is compared to pro-wrestling, it's usually to insinuate that whatever it is you're talking about is "Fake" or "Staged".

In other words, a "fake" or "staged" debate HURTS THIS COUNTRY.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    1. Have you ever seen Crossfire?

2. "No, no, no, no, that would be great. To do a debate would be great"

This coming from a guy who asked John Kerry:
    "How are you holding up? Is it hard not to take the attacks personally?" & "Have you ever flip-flopped?" And now he wants to lecture the guys on Crossfire about whats good for America?

3. And when I said it was the best show for news and debates, I meant in the realm of cable news.

P.S. Colbert rocks!!!!!!