Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Jon Stewart Blast Crossfire - Must Watch

Ok... do you see a problem with being told "Half-Truths", and "Non-Truths"?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

jetsetlemming Guest
    Yes, on all sides. There is a reason I despise just about anyone who bases their career on politics.

jetsetlemming Guest
    I take everything I hear on tv with a grain of salt, no matter what the source.

Well that's what the media does... and they repeat it over and over and over again until you believe it.

jetsetlemming Guest
    I only watch tv news for entertainment anymore. I don't believe what O'Rielly or Hannity or anyone else on the news says just as I don't believe antioxidants help you lose weight (something I saw last night in a commercial).

Well... not only does Fox tell "Half-Truths", and "Non-Truths", they promote the policy of a fascist President.

jetsetlemming Guest
    The president isn't the only fascist in town.

aceace Guest
    Jon Stewart is really good tonight 11/15

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Then, as last night, you didn't understand the context of what he was trying to do. As I said you shouldn't watch Fox because they are a propaganda network for the President, CNN is just as bad with their news, and John was trying to point that out... "You're hurting the country", etc... that's what he meant. And he was 100% right. Here's a good gauge for you to go by. If Gold9472 no longer has to post the news, then you know the "news" is doing their job.
    That's not why he did that. He did that because he thinks punditry is bad for the country. Even on his show he spoofed Hannity & Colmes because they had heated debates. And after Stewart made that remark showing what a jerk-off he is, Carlson pointed out that he gave Kerry soft ball questions and how unfunny he is without a script. Stewert even tried to make jokes but they were freakin horrible.

Bottom line: Jon Stewart = Duece Bag

Uber Commandante Guest
    One of the things you see on 'outfoxed' is how white house 'talking points' are distributed to right wing media, where they are repeated ad infinitum almost word for word. You hear the WH press secretary say something, and then you hear Fox news parrots say the exact same thing on their 'opinion' shows. And the you hear the same verbiage on conservative radio, and pretty soon a gullible population believes it.

In fact, W even tells us this:

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

Thats why fox news is propoganda - they are not really interested in fulfilling their duties of analyzing the government and exposing lies and corruption. Their corporation benefits from administration policies, and therefore its in their best interest to keep repeating nonsense.