View Poll Results: Should We Ignore or Discredit “Disinformation” in the 9/11 Movement?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ignore

4 44.44%
  • Discredit

5 55.56%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should We Ignore or Discredit “Disinformation” in the 9/11 Movement?

cottonzway Guest

Should We Ignore or Discredit “Disinformation” in the 9/11 Movement?

Should We Ignore or Discredit “Disinformation” in the 9/11 Movement?

I think one of the most important topics amount the 9/11 movement is how exactly to deal with information that is deemed as extremely wild theories or what many believe to be pure disinformation. I will keep the names of those whom I consider to be doing such things out of the topic because what I really would like to find out the views of how people would like to deal with them first rather then just list names. Hence the POLL for this thread.

There are two different ways to go here. One would be to ignore them and not give them any mention to keep others from even knowing what they are saying. The other would be to expose them and separate ourselves from these people in a public manner.

At one point I did think that not giving them “credit” and making it like they didn’t exist was the right way. I hate that people either are too “educated” for their own good by HAVING to find some answer or are disinfo agents of some kind. People like that make my skin crawl! However….

I happen to think at this point people of the nature NEED to be exposed. My reasoning is pretty simple. I think anyone who has put the time in to look into this issue knows that the bigger issues are outside of a science study. There are issues with 9/11 that can’t be debated really. You can’t debate NORARD standing down, there is no debate about put options on the airlines, there is no debate about the “money man” meeting with high government officials that day, and I can go on and on. So I think what the propaganda machine will be looking for is people they can “group” anyone who questions this very imperative topic into a lump sum. I can see how FOX and the likes will put these people on air just to make everyone look bad. That is what people who hide things do, avoid the real questions and find a way to dirty the waters. I personally don’t want to be grouped with “them” because I don’t believe in my own opinions. I think it is a real concern to ignore these people because WHEN they are on FOX doing a disinfo speech (regardless if they are “agents” or just extremely delusional people) it is not going to help when the guy you have been telling that something stinks with the official 9/11 story says “So YOU GUYS think ______ caused 9/11?” and then totally looks away from real info because you are now “crazy” in his eyes because the media grouped all of us.

I strongly think it’s time we call them out and distance ourselves in a public way as far as we can from these types of people. That’s my opinion though and I wanted to get a feeling of what others feel is the best way to go about dealing with this topic. I would like to see what others feel the best way to deal with this is.

Thanks.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    This is a hard one to answer. But I'm going to say ignore. The reason I picked that is because by trying to discredit wild theories, your debating it. And when you do that people are gonna go, 'see, look at what these conspiracy theorists are talking about on there websites, these guys are nuts'. And it's gonna be associated with everyone.

So it's best to ignore it.

cottonzway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    This is a hard one to answer. But I'm going to say ignore. The reason I picked that is because by trying to discredit wild theories, your debating it. And when you do that people are gonna go, 'see, look at what these conspiracy theorists are talking about on there websites, these guys are nuts'. And it's gonna be associated with everyone.

So it's best to ignore it.
    I would ask the same $64,000 question to everyone who thinks we should ignore them? Will you regret that decision when FOX has a Judy Wood or someone like that to discredit the work of all the hard working people who clearly see the fraud of 9/11? My concern is more about MAINSTEAM people and people like you and I. I think if you are on a forum like this understanding 9/11 in terms of it being a fraud of some kind is understood. The opinions vary but the general idea of the whole thing being a lie is understood. My concern is not among people who look at this data but the ignorant, sleeping folks who don't have any idea about anything. They are going to (SOON) drag one of those "nuts" on a major show and allow them to "share their theroy" as much as they would like.

I understand anyone's feelings about not want to even acknowledge these goons but if we ignore them it will be hard to distance ourselves from them once the media machine gets them on a show and makes all look like kooks to the average American who is sleeping. That is a MAJOR concern of mine. I just don't want to regret something that I could see happening in the near future knowing I could speak up about it.

Please, more replies.

Thanks.

AuGmENTor Guest
    I pretty much agree with you, cotton. But how, once you have discredited someone, do you distance yourself from them? You can be a self claimed truther. If one of them gets onto major media, there is no way to distance them. People see them holding forth on their beliefs, and they are automatically lumped in with us. Thats why these people are in such a pole position to hurt the movement. I see no winning answer to this. However, being a self-claimed dumbass, I just know someone will have a good answer. I'm still waiting to hear from a few of our regulars on this.

cottonzway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    I pretty much agree with you, cotton. But how, once you have discredited someone, do you distance yourself from them? You can be a self claimed truther. If one of them gets onto major media, there is no way to distance them. People see them holding forth on their beliefs, and they are automatically lumped in with us. Thats why these people are in such a pole position to hurt the movement. I see no winning answer to this. However, being a self-claimed dumbass, I just know someone will have a good answer. I'm still waiting to hear from a few of our regulars on this.
    You (we, us) distance ourselves AS FAR AWAY as we all can from people like this! What I really would like is the "media" (the few we have) that covers this lies of 9/11 to come out strongly against the opinions of these viruses to the movement. Guys like Michael Wolsey, Dan Abrhamson, and Alex Jones. I know in my heart we are going to see the "space beam people" on FOX at sometime, and then what? If we don't come out and call a spade a spade WE will be grouped with these people among the mainstream, like it or not. I don't like it so I want to expose them, call them on their lies or total nonsense science and distance myself as far away as I can from people like that. On record. That way when they do try to sell BS "theories" to the mainstream I am on record calling them frauds just like the average joe who will do the same.

BASE701 Guest
    I think there should be a set of ideas agreed upon among the majority of the truth movement. Anything outside those parameters should be discussed as theory only.

This movement needs to become more cohesive IMO.

thumper Guest
    they all need a good thumping

How about, discredit, denounce, and move on?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    After reading all the posts I think it all depends on the circumstances. Not just a yes or no answer.

cottonzway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    After reading all the posts I think it all depends on the circumstances. Not just a yes or no answer.
    In general I think the the circumstances are risking letting a chance of the guilty to use the far out theories as a tool to make the movement seem fringe. I do think it is best to do it and move on. That was a good point. I think the need to speak up in public, move away from them as people to be taken seriously, and go on record saying WE clearly do not agree with their opinions. That's all.