Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Correspondence With Noam Chomsky Regarding 9/11

BASE701 Guest
    I don't know alot about this Chomsky fellow. But reading the correspondence makes me think this guy is arrogant and somewhat foolish.

I'd rather direct my activism towards one cause rather than many.

Noam Chomsky is the "leading political mind of our time" supposedly...
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

thumper Guest
    Jon, if i were you i'd turn my attentions to Dr. Stan Monteith, i find his analysis even more insightful than Alex Jones's.

His response...

Sorry that you don't seem willing to consider the simple fact that we have two choices: (1) do something to stop massive state crimes, including the killing of 650,000 Iraqis, sharply escalating the threat to survival of the species, etc.; (2) debate the origins of 9/11, which will do precisely nothing to stop those crimes -- and that would be true even if the advocates of the Movement undertook the minimal effort to submit their claims to evaluation in the way that is done by anyone serious.

That's what it comes down to. The rest, I'm afraid, is blowing smoke.

My response...

I believe 2 would bring about 1. If you take away their pretext, then you destroy the legitimacy of everything criminal they have done, and have been able to get away with. I don't see why this is so hard for you to comprehend.

Incidentally, does presenting Attorney General Eliot Spitzer with this:

http://www.justicefor911.org/Justice...dex_111904.php

Count as a "minimal effort to submit their claims to evaluation in the way that is done by anyone serious?"

I think it does. Why did Eliot Spitzer ignore the complaint? It included signatures from a lot of noteworthy individuals. A few I'm sure you're more than familiar with. I don't think you're as familiar with the 9/11 Truth Movement as your critique of it leads one to believe.

You're right. We have a choice. However, I don't think the choices are as you describe. I think those choices are 1) Let them get away with the murder of 2,973+ 2) Don't let them get away with the murder of 2,973+.

I'm going with 2.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Well it was very nice of him to take the time out to right such a long response.

Chana3812 Guest
    yeah, I agree. He DID take time to write long and detailed responses. Jon, that is the only way to break-it down, and in the end, You Did Just That.

Maybe he heart is beating a little harder today - Ya never know.

I like "Thumpski" best of all !

Quote Originally Posted by Chana3812
    yeah, I agree. He DID take time to write long and detailed responses. Jon, that is the only way to break-it down, and in the end, You Did Just That.

Maybe he heart is beating a little harder today - Ya never know.

I like "Thumpski" best of all !
    Well... it sounds to me like he's made up his mind. His argument is essentially... the U.S. is responsible for horrible atrocities all around the world that are worse than 9/11.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Well... it sounds to me like he's made up his mind. His argument is essentially... the U.S. is responsible for horrible atrocities all around the world that are worse than 9/11.
    ANd in that respect, he is right. But your point (if I may) is that this took place on our own soil. And that by getting to the truth of the matter, we could stop some of the other horrors that our country is purpotrating globaly, as well as stop them from taking away any more of our rights. I asked what nationality he was for a reason. He does not sound like an American to me. No way an American would not be outraged by the thought that 911 was an inside job.

Well... He is obviously tolerant of the crime.

aceace Guest
    Jon, I will continue to support your effort. As you said they killed 3000 Americans that day. The media is controlled, we know that. The atrocities worldwide were not on our doorstep, 911 was. I can never support my govt in the way I did. My life has changed forever. I now see them as the most corrupt, evil govt on the face of the earth. One thing Chomski said is that 911 is minor compared to what they have really done. The silent weapons they have used on Americans over the last 50 years. The CIA deals in drugs (destroying the african-american race, probably millions of deaths), the dumbing down of our education system. The poisoning of our food and water etc. As you said exposing 911 could go along way to correcting many wrongs.
    Chomski sells books and lives a comfortable life, he's not going to jump on the 911 bandwagon for personal reasons more than any other.