Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's That Other Theory On 9/11, And A Letter To The Editor

Quote Originally Posted by richard
    He disagrees with 99.9% of his peers. The rest of them agree with the NIST report. I'll bet my lunch money that he's making his statement because of his desire for fame and his political agenda. I don't think 99.9% of experts on the category of building collapse are in on the conspiracy. That said, BYU professors tend to be very knowledgable when it comes to structural failures.
    99.9% of his peers? Didn't you watch his recent lecture where he cited many individuals from the BYU staff that supported his work? As far as your statement about fame and fortune... I've been doing this for 4+ years. I haven't made one thin dime from this movement, and instead, I've put $1000's into it. I can almost guarantee you that Prof. Jones is also not making money. As far as "fame" goes, have you ever met him? He is an incredibly soft-spoken, seemingly shy individual. I don't think he likes the limelight at all.

Incidentally, out of all the structural engineers in the world, how many do you think A) read his work, and B) are brave enough to come forward?

I believe Kevin Ryan said you don't need a structural engineer to tell how a building came down. Only if you want one to go up.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

AuGmENTor Guest
    Look, I don't understand the animosity here.
    Well, perhaps your right. Maye I have been harsh. Your choice of wording sets my teeth on edge. You speak about things as if you know them to be facts. Peoples political agendas, structural engineering, so on and so forth. All those educational credentials aren't worth the paper they're printed on without a healthy dose of good old common sense. You say you're a structural engineer, and I take you at your word on that. I am an Underwriters Laboratories certified electrical inspector. I have seen work designed by engineers that would have, if implemented, been a serious danger to everyone occupying that space. Yet despite that I have dealt with electricity for almost twenty years, I freely admit that there are things I don't know about it. So I don't accept that just because you have those credentials, that you are all of a sudden who I am going to listento on my beliefs (which are only the proven facts) regarding 911. In all honesty, you come off like a know-it-all. I do apologize for the animosity, but you came on like a monsoon. Please see what is here to be seen. Please try to see outside of your training. What Cotton said made alot of sense. This is not strictly about training.