Thread: Letter To The Editor By Professor Steven Jones

Letter To The Editor By Professor Steven Jones

Letter to the Editor by Professor Steven Jones

http://www.911blogger.com/node/3923

Letter to the Editor:

I stand firmly against the war in Iraq and any war of aggression.

I support scientific scrutiny of the events of 9/11/2001, a day which will live in infamy. I speak as a private citizen of the United States.

"In a democracy we can renounce war and proclaim peace. There is opportunity for dissent. Many have been speaking out and doing so emphatically. That is their privilege. That is their right, so long as they do so legally… We can give our opinions on the merits of the situation as we see it..." (Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley, LDS General Conference, 6 April 2003.)

Wholeheartedly agreeing, I am exercising that right and that privilege. "A team of American and Iraqi public health researchers has estimated that 600,000 civilians have died in violence across Iraq since the 2003 American invasion," (New York Times, 11 Oct. 2006) I renounce these killings in the Middle Eastern wars.

We must insist on complete answers to questions about what really happened on September 11th, why there were no air defenses that day, and why we have gone to war in the Middle East. These issues transcend party politics. These yearnings for understanding of 9/11 and the wars that followed take us to the core of our heritage as Americans -- I support the Constitution of the United States. I am very concerned about those elected officials who would engage in pre-emptive war rather than "common defense" to "repel invasions" (Article I), compromise our rights against torture and cruel punishments (8th Amendment), take away the right of habeas corpus (Article I), and diminish the freedom to speak out without fear of reprisals (1st Amendment).

Two structural engineering professors in Switzerland have recently spoken out as I have also done, declaring that explosives were with "utmost probability" responsible for the collapse of World Trade Center 7 on September 11th. "WTC7 was with the utmost probability brought down by explosives", said one. [Tages-Anzeiger, 9/9/2006]

After seeing the collapse of World Trade Center 7 (see wt7.net), many instinctively want to know why this 47-story skyscraper, which was never hit by a plane, collapsed completely seven hours after the WTC Towers had collapsed. How could this happen? The 9/11 Commission report fails to mention the collapse of WTC7. Federal laboratories have not officially answered yet. FEMA explains how fire might initiate a collapse, then admits, "Our best hypothesis has only a low probability of occurrence." Is it a crime, then, to consider an alternative hypothesis, that explosives were used?

I invite you to study this matter for yourself. Please read the peer-reviewed articles published here: www.Journalof911Studies.com . This Journal is supported by the Scholars for 9/11 Truth, which I co-chair, and considers the "official theory" of what happened on 9/11 as well as alternative explanations. One of my scientific papers on 9/11 issues is published in this Journal (as well as in a book edited by Professors David Ray Griffin and Peter Scott.) The paper therein by Joseph Firmage explores evidences that US intelligence knew in advance that the hijackers were coming and that the attacks were "allowed to happen," to justify wars in the Middle East. At least ten nations are on record as having warned the current administration that terrorist attacks were imminent, shortly before 9/11.

If another "9/11-like event" is "allowed to happen" in the near future, do you not suppose that it will be blamed this time on Iran or Syria, followed by a swift and deadly attack on the country blamed? Can you not imagine that a military draft will follow next, with college students constrained to enter the military, and handed rifles to go and kill people in the Middle East, by the tens of thousands?

Because of my concern for college-age students I have taught and loved for decades, I am motivated to speak out emphatically against what I judge – after thorough study and reflection – to be terrible wars, wars of aggression, founded on deceptions.

Steven E. Jones
    Ph.D. Physicist
    Co-Chair, Scholars for 9/11 Truth
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Tonya Guest
    Wow, I am so proud of this very good man. I am so glad he wrote this letter. I wish him all the best. He is such an inspiration and means so much to all of us concerned with the truth coming out.

Steve Jones Announces Early Retirement From BYU

Friends and Colleagues:

BYU issued a press release today -- I have elected to take early retirement from BYU. I don't have the actual release -- it will be in local papers tomorrow and may be on the BYU web site now.

I feel that this is a good move for me. I have been contacted by another school about joining their faculty, and may do so -- but no decision on that yet. I think it will work out for the best. I assure you all that I will continue in my research on 9/11 issues, and speaking out -- should have more time for these activities in fact.

With this window of opportunity, I sent the letter below to local newspapers; perhaps it could be posted at st911.org, Jim, if you wish. "Dr. Jones letter to newspaper editors upon announcement of his retirement from BYU," or something like that.

I feel good about this -- not angry with BYU, moving on and happy with it overall.

Thanks for all your support, especially to those who signed the petition at st911.org in my behalf.

My sincere thanks to all my friends in the 9/11 truth community worldwide; we have a great, growing community of intelligent, caring people. We can do this!

Sincerely,

Steven E. Jones
    Physicist
    20 October 2006

Professor with 9/11 theories retires

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/197265/3/

HEIDI TOTH - Daily Herald
    10/20/2006 ^^

The controversy-ridden tenure of a Brigham Young University physics professor ended quietly Friday with a decision to take early retirement.

"I am electing to retire so that I can spend more time speaking and conducting research of my choosing," physics professor Steven Jones <FEFF>said in a statement that BYU released Friday afternoon.

Jones, who has been at BYU since 1985, recently published his theories about U.S. involvement in the events of Sept. 11, 2001, and has been speaking about those theories for months. The tenet of his research is that explosives were placed in Building 7 at the World Trade Center complex and that the explosives brought it down, not heat from the fires in the two towers. His theory surmised the federal government's assertions and the 9/11 Commission's report incorrect, and said in many lectures he wanted to know why.

BYU put Jones on leave in early September while the school investigated his research and statements; a statement released at that time indicahe administration was concerned about the "increasingly speculative and accusatory nature of these statements," the Associated Press reported.

That review is ended, said BYU spokeswoman Carri Jenkins. The decision was completely his; there was no pressure from BYU, she said, which was Jones's perception as well.

"I think they were being fair," he said. "I have good feelings about the university."

He didn't comment on whether he regretted any of the happenings of the past several months since he came forward with his theories or if he wishes he would have done anything different. Nor does he apologize for it.

"I have a stewardship for my research and my teaching and my work, and I'm doing my best on that," he said, adding that the university administrators also had a specific stewardship. This time, it appeared those two were in conflict.

"I look at it that way, and nobody that I can think of ever told me to not do this research."

He will continue researching and speaking about his 9/11 theories, which he is confident will be proven in time. So far, the conclusions put forward aren't answering all the questions and sometimes are skirting them completely, he said, and he wants those questions answered.

"We're just trying to do our best here," he said, adding the facts are the most important issue in this case, and that's why he's studying them. "We are serious."

A retirement package will be determined through the same process that would take place for any other retiring professor, Jenkins said.

This story appeared in The Daily Herald on page A1.

Controversial Professor Leaving BYU

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=582631

October 20th, 2006 @ 10:08pm

(KSL News) -- A Brigham Young University professor known for his theory about the 9-11 terror attacks is now leaving the school.

The Deseret Morning News quotes Steven Jones and BYU, saying they had been working on his retirement package for weeks. The school has abandoned its review of Jones' 9/11 research about the World Trade Center.

Dr. Jones says evidence at Ground Zero suggests the Twin Towers fell because of pre-set demolition charges, not jetliners hitting them.

Jones says he appreciates the opportunity to teach at BYU, but plans to continue talking about his theory.

werther Guest
    maybe I missed it but to whom was his letter sent? what editor?