Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eight days in the Occupied Territories - An Eyewitness Account

Partridge Guest
    Jerusalem & Nablus

I could bore you all with pictures of the Holy Sites in East Jerusalem, but as I was pretty damn bored myself, I won't inflict that upon you. The most interesting part of our tour of East Jerusalem was the settlement tour by the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (who's head honcho was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize last week, but alas didn't win).

A settler guardpost overlooking a street near Damascus gate, East Jerusalem.

Zionist toursist enter the illegal settlement. I believe these were Americans, judging by the few accents I heard - they were very queit while we were photographing them.

A bad picture of the inside of the settlement, I would have tried taking more but the two settler guards were getting pretty aggro at this point.

An unknown mosque on the road to Nablus.

The checkpoint at Nablus. this was about 10am. When we returned at about 3pm, the line was much longer, but my camera had run out of battery. Thankfully, the Israeli group Checkpoint Watch (more inspiring people) had turned up with a camera crew. But it was still very slow moving - though as internationals, once again we got a free pass, not even a passport check. There was alos a settler who had come down to watch the humiliation of the Palestinians - and who when he saw our tour guide (an arab from Beit Sahour), began making throat slitting gestures towards him. When we all took out our cameras, he promptly called the IDF down to move us on - despite this being where the IDF had told us to park (they fined us 500 shekel for parking in another place), they made us move on again.

A kid in the Old City of Nablus (which is resistance central and really reminded me of West Belfast with its murals, martyrdom posters and plaques) poses with a toy gun below a picture of his martyred 11 year old cousin who was shot in the face by the IDF in one of their frequent raids into the Old City.

Partridge Guest
    And finally (maybe) - here's just some photos of the people (which were invariably friendly and helpful, despite their horrible situation), that I like personally.

Car window washers, East Jerusalem

Hebron

A shepherd, near Herodion

Kids playing 'Resistance & IDF', Nablus

Kids flash the Vs, Nablus

A family crosses the checkpoint, Hebron

Kids 'creating a disturbance' at the checkpoint, Hebron

Star Fountain, star Street, Bethlehem

Kid, Old City, Hebron

Kids, Old City, Hebron (With regard to the middle guy, I've never seen a more Irish looking Palestinian! Not even the ones who have intermarried over here!)

Kids, outside a shop, Bethlehem

Inside a traditional Palestinian home, maintained by the Palestinian Women's Association for Development, Beit Sahour

Kids, Beit Sahour

A veiled lady, East Jerusalem. One of only three such veils I saw in the eight days I was there.

Palestinian women shopping, East Jerusalem

Stall owner taking it easy in the afternoon heat, East Jerusalem

Fascinating. I'm really enjoying this.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Awsome. Thanks for sharing.

Holla at yo boy.

Hey Partridge... all of your images are missing. This was a great thread.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

aceace Guest
    This is a great read and story. Pictures are cool. Sad situation over there. The pictures do not work or are missing from page 1 (2 works)

aceace Guest
    Any chance of getting the page 1 pictures? It would be nice to see more, if you find the time. I consider this an important piece of work in the photo journalism field. Well done!

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    I hope Partridge is okay.