Thread: what makes people, other than government, want to believe the official version?

thumper Guest

what makes people, other than government, want to believe the official version?

every so often i lurk at IIDB.org and while it seems more and more people are converted to our side, the same douchecanoes keep coming out with the same straw man/ad hominem attacks about why 9/11 is exactly how the government says it is, and that 'conspiracy theorists' evil/insecure/dumb people.

same story at randi rhodes message board. are they mostly shills? your thoughts.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Techinacly I don't think people just want to believe the official story of anything, they just do- that's why it's called the official story.

And unless anyone was following govn't secret societies or intelligence black ops even before 9/11, its obviously going to be inconcivable that the govn't carried out the attacks on itself upon first hearing. Myself included. Especially since all areas and the backstory were set up so well making any other viewpoint hard to believe at first.

thumper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Techinacly I don't think people just want to believe the official story of anything, they just do- that's why it's called the official story.

And unless anyone was following govn't secret societies or intelligence black ops even before 9/11, its obviously going to be inconcivable that the govn't carried out the attacks on itself upon first hearing. Myself included. Especially since all areas and the backstory were set up so well making any other viewpoint hard to believe at first.
    whatever the case, they are defending it. and they know every trick in the book, implying to me that they have vested interest in the official version.

my question is, is that vested interest out maintaining a false sense of security, or working for the CIA?

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thumper
    whatever the case, they are defending it. and they know every trick in the book, implying to me that they have vested interest in the official version.

my question is, is that vested interest out maintaining a false sense of security, or working for the CIA?
    I doubt the CIA pays keyboard warriors to do it's biding. Remember, in most cases your dealing with republicans.

borepstein Guest
    The official story is most certainly more comfortable psychoogically. It does not compel you to do much, and by believing it you avoid a very serious conflict.