Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conservative Websites Claim Rove Has Been Promising GOP Insiders "October Surprise"

Conservative Websites Claim Rove Has Been Promising GOP Insiders "October Surprise"

Conservative websites claim Rove has been promising GOP insiders an 'October surprise'

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Ne...ober_0921.html

Published: Thursday September 21, 2006

According to two conservative websites, White House political strategist Karl Rove has been promising GOP insiders that there will be an "October surprise" before the midterm elections.

"In the past week, Karl Rove has been promising Republican insiders an 'October surprise' to help win the November congressional elections," reports Ronald Kessler for Newsmax.

"President Bush's political strategist is also saying that the final two weeks before the elections will see a blitz of advertising, and the Republican National Committee is deploying an army of volunteers to key locations to help the grass-roots effort and monitor the election," the article continues. "The RNC is offering to fly in volunteers and cover their expenses."

A few weeks ago, another conservative publication, The American Spectator, reported that White House staffers had "been talking up the possibilities of an 'October Surprise' or two leading into the mid-term elections."

"They say the President feels confident he can still play a role in the election, that he intends to campaign hard for Republicans, and that on the policy front, there are a couple of issues that can be used as wedges along the way," according to a column written by "The Prowler."
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Tonya Guest
    maybe this is a front to cover what they intend to do anyway: rigg it

"Osama" will probably be captured or killed.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Laura Guest
    Yeah, well, I think we figured as much. I can only hope that the American people see this for what I'm sure it will be.....just a bunch of lies, smoke and mirrors!

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Someone bump this when something big goes down.

werther Guest
    start a poll... I betting on capturing Osama Bin Laden

beltman713 Guest
    That's what was being said before the 2004 election, "October Surprise". They will suddenly "Capture" Osama. They have never wanted to capture Osama.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    I'm betting its major air strikes in Iran.

amman254 Guest

i tend to agree

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    I'm betting its major air strikes in Iran.
    i tend to agree it to be something along these lines PG...but the trick of pulling osama out of the hat, instead of a rabbit, would certainly be less dangerous, and bring more positive vibes....

carrying war to another front could backfire.....

Ian C Guest
    I say both the capture (and death so they don't have to put him on trial, that is even if he is still alive...) of Osama so that "book" could finally be closed

AND THEN

an attack on Iran. With the dead line coming up mid-October, and articles saying nuclear ships are moving into place, it seems like something is brewing