Thread: Lee Hamilton: The 9/11 Commission's Mandate Was "To Tell The Story Of 9/11"

Lee Hamilton: The 9/11 Commission's Mandate Was "To Tell The Story Of 9/11"

Lee Hamilton: The 9/11 Commission's Mandate Was "To Tell The Story Of 9/11"

I stumbled across this article from the Statesman Journal, and saw what Lee Hamilton was passing off as the mandate for the 9/11 Commission.

He states:

We had two mandates. One was to tell the story of 9/11, and I think we did that reasonably well. The story that we told has stood up and will certainly become the starting point for anybody who investigates 9/11.

As you can see on the 9/11 Commission's very own website, their mandate was to:

"provide a “full and complete accounting” of the attacks of September 11, 2001 and recommendations as to how to prevent such attacks in the future."

If the "story" that the 9/11 Commission told us was only the "starting point", then how can it be a "Full and Complete Accounting" of the attacks of September 11th?

At first, I was angry with Mr. Hamilton for not telling us the truth about what their mandate was.

Then, it occurred to me. He wasn't lying.

Philip Zelikow, a man who's expertise is "the creation and maintenance of, in his words, “public myths” or “public presumptions” was in charge of the 9/11 Commission.

Knowing that, I have little doubt that what we were told about 9/11 was, in fact, a "story."

The families, the sick first responders, the soldiers deployed in the Middle East, the innocent civilians killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the people of the world deserve better than a "story".

They deserve the truth.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Tonya Guest
    Thank You JON GOLD! Since Mr. Hamilton is from my state and one of our journalists would not print the Zogby poll because he respects Mr. Hamilton--remember when I told you about that?----I think i can write up something for our paper using your thought here. I will work on something that I think has a chance of getting printed. Thanks for this, it is just the inspiration i needed.
    Last edited by Tonya; 09-17-2006 at 11:43 PM. Reason: misspelling