Thread: The Fifth Anniversary Of 9/11 - Video Inside

The Fifth Anniversary Of 9/11 - Video Inside

The Fifth Anniversary Of 9/11

Video
    Click Here (MOV 327MB)
    Click Here (WMV 159MB)

By Jon Gold and Wendi Polinow
    9/11/2006

I just took part in two of the most amazing days of my life. Yesterday, I was sitting on blogger, and I saw a report about Cooper Union from Radical Pragmatist. It came to me that maybe it was important for me to be there to lend support. Wendi Polinow and I were planning on going up this morning, but I asked if she wanted to go yesterday, and she gladly said ok.

Within about an hour and a half, we were "on the road again" (a song that Wendi brought up, and stuck in my head). We had lunch at Roy Rogers on the New Jersey Turnpike. We arrived at the Plaza Hotel in Secaucus New Jersey at about 2pm. We checked in, and headed out for Manhattan.

I hadn't ridden a bus in a long time, so when we were sitting at the bus stop, the song, "Magic Bus" from The Who popped into my head. The bus took us to the Port Authority, which was this massive underground complex. Let it be known, I give all of the credit in the world to New Yorkers. Their subway system, which actually isn't that bad once you get used to it, is part of a way of life that I wouldn't have to deal with day in and day out.

When we came out of the underground world known as the New York Subway System, a Starbucks was right in front of us. From the days of my youth, until now, I am always amazed at the busy world that is New York City.

We each got a drink, and saw that Cooper Union was right across the street.

New York City is so busy that when the light tells me it's ok to walk across the street, I walk across the street. It's not like in Center City, Philadelphia where people "jaywalk" all of the time.

On the way around to the front of Cooper Union, someone walking by us said, "Jooooooon Gold..." I'm not used to people knowing me, and me not knowing them. That happened several times throughout the night. People saying "thank you... I read your stuff all of the time." All I can say is... this "line of work" is as thankless as can be, and is exhausting, but moments like that "recharge" me. Thanks to everyone who said hello.

Standing outside of Cooper Union was pretty cool. I saw Wayne Madsen, Willie Rodriguez, Nicholas Levis, Jason Bermas, Luke (I don't know his last name), Radical Pragmatist, and several others I'm sure you're familiar with.

Inside of Cooper Union, you were greeted by Fred Weber, and someone else I don't know the name of. They were sitting at a table collecting money for the event, and were giving away free t-shirts. The t-shirts were black, and said "Investigate 9/11." You'll see several of them in the clip.

When we walked inside the hall, it reminded me of a synagogue with less "flair", and it was very dark. I said hello to Les Jamieson who apparently was the "MC" for the event. I have to hand it to Alex Jones. He certainly is electrifying, and knows how to pump up an audience. The guys from Loose Change were there. Some may try to "discredit" their movie, but their sincerity is as real as anyone's.

In between the events, Wendi and I went out to dinner. We had sushi. You'll see that in the clip.

After the event, Wendi and I returned to our hotel room (with two beds), and we did our best to fall asleep. I think neither of us are used to going to bed so early. However, we needed to get up early to go down to Ground Zero.

In the morning, we each had a bagel (B-AY-GLLL, not BEG-LLL), and cream cheese. We hopped on the bus to get down to the Subway station, of which we (Wendi) were both experts at maneuvering now. On the subway, we met two nice ladies. One came from Missouri, and the other came from California. They were both wearing their black "Investigate 9/11" t-shirts. The four of us decided to walk to Ground Zero together.

When you come out of the subway station, the view is something that took me by surprise. It was a construction site. Not any construction site, but Ground Zero itself.

In the 5 years since 9/11 happened, I am sorry to say that this was my first visit to Ground Zero. The tears welled up in my eyes, and the only thing I could think of were the people who were lost that day.

The area designated for the memorial site of Ground Zero was amass with people. There were a lot of firemen and policemen there. Both to pay their respects, and to secure the area. I made sure to do my absolute best to shake the hands of each and every Fireman, Policeman, and EMT I saw today, accompanied by a simple "Thank You."

Sometime around either the first or second moment of silence (the times each plane impacted), a rowdy individual started making a ruckus by the people holding up the "Bush Regime Engineered 9/11" sign. As a result, people got a little loud, and a little pushy. Thankfully, New York's finest were there to break it up before anything severe happened. Not to mention the fact that everyone who represented the 9/11 Truth Movement today made a pact not to be loud, or obnoxious. To address everyone with sir and ma'am, and most importantly, to be respectful. None of us were picking fights today. For the time I was there, I can guarantee that that was the case.

Which brings me to Abby Scott. Some of you may know "Ms. Scott" from 911ConspiracySmasher.blogspot.com. She was kind enough to make a movie recently called, "9/11 Conspiracy Wars" where she focused on those who promote the most unbelievable theories, and act as if they represent us all. She, and a group of her friends were there making sure to tell people that we're all liars, and that people shouldn't listen to what we have to say.

In regards to those who promote unbelievable theories. Those people wouldn't even do so if the Government had been honest in the first place.

Knowing that she was there, I decided to confront her with my camera. I asked her a few questions like, "What do you think about the family members in Washington D.C. calling for a new investigation today?" She said she thinks they have the right. If that's the case, why is she, and others doing everything within their power to hurt the only ones that both support the families, and seek the truth? I omitted her interview from this clip because I really didn't want her to ruin it.

Several different "news" organizations interviewed me today. I don't think any of them were national. Basically, I told them where I'm from, and the following statement:

"Today, the 9/11 families are in Washington D.C. calling for a new investigation. The 9/11 Commission had a mandate to give a "full and complete accounting" of the attacks of 9/11, and failed to do so. Because of the omissions, and the lies in the 9/11 Report, it has become a piece of evidence against this administration."

Followed by a few random facts.

The march was a site to see. By the time it took place, there were literally 100's lined up to participate. This march was in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11/2001. It was a silent march, and is completely in this clip from start to finish.

I would like to thank everyone who participated today. Every one of you is a patriot, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I would also like to thank the people who coordinated both the event, and the march. I don't know everyone that was involved, but Les Jamieson, Dylan Avery, Jason Bermas, Corey Rowe, Luke (I don't know your last name), Alex Jones, Fred Weber, and everyone who spoke at the event. Thank you.

I would also like to give a special thanks to a 1st responder I saw speak at the event at Cooper Union. He was hooked up to a mobile respirator, and obviously had a hard time breathing. Thank you for showing your support.

And most importantly, I would like to thank Wendi Polinow for going with me on such short notice. You were both my friend, and my navigator.

Finally, I would like to share an experience from today. At the meeting place, across from the Burger King, after everything was said and done, I saw something that broke my heart. There was a fireman in his dress uniform standing in the meeting place, staring at all of us in our black "Investigate 9/11" t-shirts. It looked like he was going to cry. I walked up to him to do what I had been doing all day. Shake his hand, and say thank you. After I did, he asked if there was any place he could get a t-shirt. It didn't look like there were any left. So, I gave him the shirt off of my back. It didn't even take me a split second to make the decision. It was something I wanted him to have. Thank you whomever you are. That experience was the "cherry on top" for two of the most amazing days of my life.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Cool article, sounds like a blast. Must be strange getting recognized now.

Can't wait for the video.

AuGmENTor Guest

New York City is so busy that I when the light tells me it's ok to walk across the street, I walk across the street. It's not like in Center City, Philadelphia where people "jaywalk" all of the time.

We New Yorkers do it all the time. But it really is dangerous. And you had better have your game face on for it.
    I had a VERY busy day, followed by a train ride back up north to get my car and go to a church service I was asked to attend. Just got back. I'm wiped. Will post better about what I saw there tomorrow.

YouCrazyDiamond Guest
    So, I gave him the shirt off of my back.
    Thank you for sharing this experience.

Thank you, Jon.

Thank you, Wendi.

shorebreak Guest
    Excellent post, Jon.

I'm gonna have to go back to another site and eat some of my words after your descriptions. I just got through castigating 9/11 Truthers for getting involved in confrontations with mourners at the WTC site. I've seen at least a couple of confrontations that took place yesterday highlighted in various locations on the net, and my general impression has been that the movement made a serious tactical error in confronting the public. You've set my mind partially at ease.

Thanks for supporting the cause. We need true warriors in this effort who can relate to the people. You sound like one of them.

Thanks. Believe me... there were random individuals coming up to us, screaming at the top of their lungs, "Fucking traitors", "Scumbags", and so on...

It could have been a lot worse. If not for the restraint of the movement, it would have been. I hear things got rowdy at certain times in the day after I left, but I still believe none of us would have "started it".

shorebreak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Thanks. Believe me... there were random individuals coming up to us, screaming at the top of their lungs, "Fucking traitors", "Scumbags", and so on...

It could have been a lot worse. If not for the restraint of the movement, it would have been. I hear things got rowdy at certain times in the day after I left, but I still believe none of us would have "started it".
    What I posted at another site - Mike Rupperts Blog was that the movement needs to learn from this. Leave the banners home on days like this when mourners are present and emotions run high. Hand out bottled waters or a small token of remembrance, and wear t-shirts with a subtle message.

A muted and respectful presence and a token offering can open doors even to those most hardened opposition. A banner of defiance (at least in their opinion) will close them off immediately. A solemn, unified, and inobtrusive presence can work wonders among a crowd who are seeking answers and respite.

But I'm really glad that there was so much positive that took place. I'm also reading that many of the FDNY and NYPD were receptive of the message. I debate with an NYPD guy on a regular basis who's in complete opposition, but maybe he'll come around as his brothers (and sisters!) become more open.

Thanks again.

The video is up.

No one on this site watched this yet? Bitches?

Partridge Guest
    I'm just downloading it now, reading the comments on blogger