Thread: Official status of 911blogger.com

dz Guest

Official status of 911blogger.com

All,

Our site has been deactivated due to traffic. Our webhost cannot maintain 2500+ users and 4000+ page loads an hour. They have deactivated the account, but promise to try turning it back on sporatically through the night until the server load is not such that it knocks out their other customers on their server.

In one sense this is a good thing, today we reached higher traffic than ever, but in another sense this is a very very bad thing, now we are missing out on exposure from 2500+ each hour we are down.

It should be noted this is not due to the new site specifically, but rather the overall traffic in general.

We have other options I've been looking into including a dedicated host that will cost us $50 a month, and will give us unlimited bandwidth and CPU usage, unfortunately making that switch would take 3-4 days for the DNS to propogate. I am hopeful the site will be back up soon, but we obviously will have to move hosts as our monthly growth is quickly exceeding our current host's abilities.

In the mean time, I will keep my fingers crossed that the site pops back up sooner rather than later. Also, Gold has a film from today he is working on, and Reprehensor is working on the CSPAN 9/11 Press for truth video, so getting these up to 911podcasts.com and spreading the word elsewhere may be the thing to do for tonight.

Best wishes,

-dz
    www.911blogger.com
    www.911podcasts.com

flood Guest
    That is exactly what I predicted just one or two weeks ago, if you remember. I highly recommended to install a php accelerator. I guess, there is no other choice than to move the server to a dedicated 50 bucks stand-alone server and in the meantime to install the accelerator.

When it comes to bandwidth, you should check if you have the mod_gzip installed, which reduces the bandwidth by up to 60 per cent.

Don't forget, this is the most important week.

dz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flood
    That is exactly what I predicted just one or two weeks ago, if you remember. I highly recommended to install a php accelerator. I guess, there is no other choice than to move the server to a dedicated 50 bucks stand-alone server and in the meantime to install the accelerator.

When it comes to bandwidth, you should check if you have the mod_gzip installed, which reduces the bandwidth by up to 60 per cent.

Don't forget, this is the most important week.
    i predicted it as well.. unfortuantely taking the site down 3+ days for a site switch did not seem like a viable option..

i did look into php accelerator.. apparently another accelerator is 'zsend' or something like that, and they already have that installed, and don't support installation of another such accelerator..

and its not bandwidth, its just the number of requests..

to give an example..

here are our stats since this time last year:

now that last column is through the end of last month.. the highest viewership we got was 10,000 a day.. here is this month: (ignore the 3 low numbers, stats were out that day):

in other words today we are hitting 4.5x what we did daily last month, which was in turn double the previous month, etc.

bah. im pissed, you should be too, but i'm no corporation, just trying to do what i can. we will be up soon enough, and then we will switch to a VPS.. its a pain in the ass, and horrible timing.. now, if i didnt work 40+ hours a week at a real job, then this woul be totally unacceptable

Doug Guest
    This doesnt suprize me, WRH says theyre readership has doubled in the last week. Im having alot of trouble getting sites to download tonight. Ask for donations, I,d be happy to through some pennies your way.

Doug Guest
    Oops I mean throw.

dz Guest
    site is back up, FYI.

DemBruceLeeStylez! Guest
    Dz you’ve played it right man, if you'd tried to switch the server in the pervious few days we probably wouldn’t have seen that huge surge, even with the ads. I really believe that 911blogger can blow up bigger or at least as big as sites like Daily Kos and C&L, there's nothing special about the people that are behind/made those sites etc. In fact that Kos guy is total dork lol! Its a really exciting time in general for 911 truth, and the blogger is soaring right now, I'm certain even this is nothing compared to the heights it’s hopefully going to reach eventually. Soon enough the site should be paying for itself as more and more people want to advertise on it ect. 911blogger to me truly is one of the most happening websites in the internet imo, great work dude!!!