Thread: Chavez Denies Reported U.S. Allegations Of Islamic Terrorist Activity In Venezuela

Chavez Denies Reported U.S. Allegations Of Islamic Terrorist Activity In Venezuela

Chavez denies reported U.S. allegations of Islamic terrorist activity in Venezuela

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/..._Terrorism.php

(Gold9472: WHAT?!?)

The Associated Press
    Published: September 5, 2006

CARACAS, Venezuela President Hugo Chavez on Tuesday denied accusations attributed to a U.S. military officer that a popular tourist destination off Venezuela's coast has become a refuge for Islamic terrorists.

Chavez referred in a televised speech to a recent article in the Colombian magazine Revista Poder, which quoted Gen. Bantz J. Craddock of the U.S. Southern Command as saying there were indications of "extremist contacts" on Margarita Island, a popular beach getaway northeast of Caracas.

Chavez denied such terrorist activity and called the comments part of a U.S. plan "to justify any type of aggression against our country."

Calling Craddock an "imperialist general," Chavez said, "it's a lie that in Margarita there are Arab terrorists and that Margarita and Venezuela are a nest of Arab terrorism."

Craddock, like other Washington officials, has previously referred to Chavez's government as a "destabilizing" force in the region and criticized Venezuela's recent arms purchases.

Chavez, a close ally of Cuban leader Fidel Castro and sharp U.S. critic, accuses Washington of harboring plans to undermine his government, which U.S. officials deny.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Eckolaker Guest
    Totally not suprising at all!

Im actually more suprised this didnt happen sooner. I guess those of us "in the know" almost laugh at this and say to ourselves "how obvious can they be?"

Did you ever watch, "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised?"

I HIGHLY recommend it. I think it deserves an Oscar.

And yes, I saw the "Anti-The Revolution Will Not Be Televised", and thought it was bullshit.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG