Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recession Will Be Nasty And Deep, Economist Says

AuGmENTor Guest

Aug, remodeling is Up. because people will spend their last dime on a remodel, hoping that it will help the Sale.

I know that. It's one of my sales pitches. Blah Blah. Do this, and the value goes up Blah Blah.
    I travel ALOT. And one of the things I notice is, no matter the time of day, the roads/ stores are PACKED. I mean, why aren't these people at work? Not everyone does what I do. WalMart today at 2pm was STUFFED. And if it was that bad, A: Where are these people getting their money? B: Why aren't they working? It just seems to me like consumerism is like out of control. I know I mentioned walmart (I hate that place) but that was just ONE store out of thousands that I see all week that are full no matter the time of day. Could it be another form of fear mongering is what I'm asking.

AuGmENTor Guest
    They are blaming it on Hurricane Katrina.
    Wasn't that last year. I just happened to notice that a 10' stick of copper pipe that used to seel for like 10 dollars two months ago, is now 30$. How can it have taken a goddam YEAR for it to have hit. I think it's just an excuse for prices to go up. Which is fine by me, cause when material prices go up, so does mine to install them. I added 10% last year for the gas increase, why should the fact that gas is more mean I have to make less? That rolls right onto the consumer.