Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting into arguments

ParallaxView Guest

Getting into arguments

I am currently engaged in a very heated debate on 9/11 and "conspiracy theories" on another non 9/11 related board i frequent.

Basically people are asking me why I think the government had foreknowledge or were complicit in the attacks.

I used Paul Thompsons timeline as source for repeated intelligence warnings for the attack.

They are now telling me this source isnt credible despite the fact he has collated 5000 articles from legit sources.

Some people.... (i'll post with updates on the argument,its really annoying me)

Edit: okay so apparently now Paul Thompson is some 'nutjob'

Eckolaker Guest
    Bring up Norman Mineta's testimony.

ParallaxView Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckolaker
    Bring up Norman Mineta's testimony.
    Good call. In my last post I brought up Insider trading, ISI wiring money to Atta and the unmuslim behaviour of the hijackers pre attacks. They havent answered so far.

ParallaxView Guest
    Mentioned the Mineta testimony at the end I said:

" If this was a shootdown order why was it seemingly ignored? Not to mention the missile batteries that the Pentagon has."

they replied with

"IF it was a shootdown order. It could have been a plane to evacuate him, the President or other important members of the administration. That's just my speculation, I have no idea if it's true. But neither do you, and that's the point. You're assuming things."

to which I said

" I was inferring that if it wasnt a shootdown order (which if it was it was ignored) it was a standdown order. I can't see it being an evacuation order myself as they were in the PEOC at the time which is a bunker underneath the White House able to withstand much greater attacks than a commerical airliner crashing into a building above it. And the president was in Florida at the time.

The Pentagon was hit 1 hour and 20 minutes after the first plane struck the WTC yet in this time no fighters are scrambled from Andrews only 10 miles away."

And then I get this c*ap in reply:

"I think Cheney had ordered extra hot. But Dominoes called in to say that all their employees were busy watching the TV and that the delay would be up to an hour. Cheney meanwhile wanted to finish eating the pizza before the plane arrived, because he knew he'd have to see the press and he needed time to wipe the pizza sauce off his fingers. So Dominoes arranged for a light aircraft to deliver the pizza, BECAUSE DOMINOES IS RUN BY JEWS AND THEY KNEW ALL ABOUT 9/11, IN FACT IT WAS A ZIONIST CONSPIRACY ALL ALONG!!! OMFG11!!1"

:-\

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Post a documentary or something.

ParallaxView Guest
    They instantly dismiss "loose change" and the like instantly. It's like today when I was using Paul Thompsons timeline as a source. I was on about foreknowledge especially regards drills and intelligence warnings. It took me almost an hour to transcribe across the points I wanted to get across.

They dismissed it all as someone "only assembling the sources suited to his story" (this was aimed at Thompson not me!!)

When I brought up the mineta testimony they said it could of meant anything that "a plane was coming to evacuate the president" (wtf?) etc I pointed out that the testimony was specifically describing flight 77 and that the president was in florida and cheney wouldnt need evacuating as they were in the PEOC. Straight after they get on about Pizza deliveries and accuse me of being a foil hatted anti-semite.

It was literally me against 3 skeptics arguing from around 10 this morning until around 4 this afternoon. Whenever I got to a specific question they couldnt answer they got picky with my grammar and started with the anti-semitic crap. It's really drained me.

I feel belittled and it kinda hurt when one of them said I had a complete lack of knowledge concerning the attacks. Despite 2 posts later me referring to the 9/11 commission and them not even knowing there was one. It was like banging my head against the wall. The thing is they aren't stupid people. They are intelligent and articulate.

I cannot begin to describe how drained I feel. I started the topic in here out of a need to vent to like minds.

ParallaxView Guest
    I know I'm probably dragging this on a bit but I guess I really have let them grind me down. It feels like I'm having a "crisis of faith" as it were.

I'm still 100% on my stance on it being an "inside job". My crisis of faith is in myself I guess. I guess I'm feeling down on myself for not being able to communicate the message of "9.11 truth" effectively. How am I to be effective in getting the truth out there to people if people respond like this to me?

I guess you all think I'm nuts but it's drained me and I keep doubting myself now.

thumper Guest
    i bet that board is iidb.org

ParallaxView Guest
    It was an entirely unrelated board to 9/11 etc. It's primarily a video game board and the discussion concerned took place in the "off topic" section of the board.

thumper Guest
    just show them an AJ video off of google