Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something Big Soon?

AuGmENTor Guest
    Think water. Not bottled. Yeah have some on hand, but if you hadda carry the weight of what you'd need for even two people, sheeesh. Have a truck handy. Purification via chemical/filter. They make water bladders that are 5 gals light and foldable. You get whichever your gonna use and stock the water in the bladder. These kits go from 60$ and up. You can google it and you'll find a way to do it with household bleach, but only as a last resort. You can live 70 days w/o food if you have water. But they ain't gonna be happy days if you catch my drift. This is gross, but if it comes down to real survival, don't bother with trying to hunt birds, or other animals. Bugs are alot more filling and nutritious oz per oz. If you're lucky enough to have a stock of food and a way to trsnsport it, have a good way to get it up a tree. Bears like to eat also, and as a rule, do not want to eat you. Unless of course, you and your food are right next to each other. Even before all this shit started happening I have always made it a point to have the following on the truck, in the car. 50' of decent rope. (It doesn't have to be the monster big stump pulling rope, just general purpose nylon) First aid kit. Make your own, not one of those walmart specials, you ain't fixin shit with that. And of course the obvious. Flashlight (suggest you get either the wind up or shake kind, you can't haul enough batteries to keep you going long). Mine has a cell phone charger adapter, so I can wind up my phone if needs be. (When I'm not dropping that fucker in the pool, that is) Decent knife or two. I suggest two and one of them should be a gerber or leatherman, absolutely invaluble* in the field. Grab a package of lighters, like 6 of them, and a bunch of matches. You can find ways to light fire without them, but why, the weight ratio is nothing, the aggravation ratio is maddening. Trust me on this one. Bug repelent. A luxury, I know, but worth it in the long run. This list goes on and on, and it sounds like alot. All of these things fit in two small nylon bags that are always in the car/truck. All of the other stuff fits in two 30 gal plastic tubs. I'll give you the gist even though I'm starting to feel silly listing all of this. Collapsable shovel, nylon tarps, nylon tie wraps, heavy duty plastic bags, dome tent (pick appropriate size for you) camp saw, lanterns (although I suggest avoiding appliances requiring gas/oil as you don't know availability of replacement) a decent hatchet, sharpening stone, water purification kit, 10 gal worth of water bladders ( I know I listed them already) More matches. Very basic aluminum pots and pans (maybe 4 at most. 1 at least 2 gal to boil water in.) And then all my weaponry, that I'm not gonna get into right now. I'll add it and the rest of the stuff as it occurs to me. Or when I go through my tubs. I don't know why, but for as long as I can remember, I've always had this stuff. My kids and I camp when we get the chance, but rarely touch any of that stuff. I'm always takin stuff out and replacing it with what I consider better, and then add the other stuff to the camping supplies. I'll start another thread that has all sort of goodies of how to wash clothes with no soap and the like. Laugh if you will scoffers, but I know where I'll be when the shit hits the fan. My parents own property in the adirondak state park (well, right at the edge) and if I can get there, I'll be pretty ok. Always wanted to be a hermit anyway.

Chana3812 Guest
    OFF THE GRID, MAN

GOTTA GET OFF THE GRID TO SURVIVE

Tonya Guest
    If it weren't for the pshycho rapist tag line I'd want to seek you out in times of trouble! You definately have your shit together.

It is times like these I wish I weren't by myself. I do have a gun and a flaslight, other than that i am fucked!

I seriously need even the basic shit to pack in my car. There isn't anyway I would survive a catastrophe by myself so I just have to make sure I have a tank full at all times and emergency stuff in my car so I can go either to my friend's place suth of me or my mom's north of me.

My friend--ex-boyfriend, is a health administrator for a county nearby and he has had all kinds of training in bio-terrorism and other homeland security stuff. He is a hunter, is excellent with weapons including archery and knows his survival shit. He doesn't buy into any of my politics ---we are totally not a match, but we are still friendly toward each other and respect each other. Anyway, my point is that he is 45 min away and if shit really were to hit the fan, he would protect me. I am grateful for that.
    My mom & stepdad are total "Christian Right Wingers" (I am Christian but obviously not right wing) and prepared way back with the Y2K scare. My stepdad hunts too and they have so much food it is crazy---and a garden too. Anyway, they live about 1hr 30 min north. So, I have places to go if need be. Of course, none of them are awake to the BS this admin. is pulling and I think they would buy right into whatever this admin. asked them to do in the times of trouble and severe fear. I in the meantime would most definately be suspicious of everything.

After reading the email about the Ranger's fears I called two Rangers I know, my uncle and a friend that serves now in Korea. I left voicemails for both of them. I hope to hear what they have to say and I will share it here with you guys.

You know what. This is pretty fucking bad that we have to be prepared to survive & fight against our own fucking government. It isn't even the gov., it is a small portion of the gov., an elite group that is fooling everyone. And here we are, not able to share this with everyone we know for fear of being labled crazy and not taked seriously. And if we did tell them of our fears and something happened they would just connect it back to terrorists, the terrorists that Bush & Blair tried to save us from. Yeah right! I wish people could wake up and see what is happening.

Sorry for any typos--not going back to reread this.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Yeah, I'm about due to make my debut on Americas Most Wanted. C'mon, I stole that tag line from t-shirt hell. It used to be, "courage is not the absense of fear, it is action in spite of fear." Kinda corny, I know. So I changed it to appeal to the masses, and get a laugh. (As well as the occasional shudder.)
    I used to jike that I could be dropped of in the woods with a pocket knife and a book of matches for a week, with no problem. My sons still ask me if it's true. Now I tell them no, so they don't try it themselves. I don't WANT to live like that. But if it came down to it, laying down and dying isn't really an option for me. Plus I have the slaves, I mean kids to do alot of the grunt work, now that I'm getting old and infirm.
    And the whole grid thing Chana... I'm about as off it as you can get. The government might even think I'm dead. I'm too lazy to go into specifics, but I'll start a thread on how to get off of that little mess in a bit. And as far as this goes:
    This is pretty fucking bad that we have to be prepared to survive & fight against our own fucking government
    Yes it IS sad. But what would be even MORE sad would be all of you stuck in a FEMA camp somewhere. They rely on the fact that 9 out of 10 of us would HAVE to go to a camp, simply because we would be incapable of surviving without basic social services and utilities. That's why I taught my kids to LOVE camping. I don't think they'd find it fun uf they HAD to do it for a few months, but that's what COULD happen. Not saying it will, but it could. You can find all sorts of survival shit right here on the net. Alot of it is really cool.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Heh, just read that over. Wow, I really am kinda nuts. I just picked up a crank up radio. No batteries. Wind for 2 mins and you get an hour play time. Thing is fuckin awsome. 50$ @ Lowes. Kinda good to know whats goin on, so you know when it's OK to come back, (if ever). Funny, I was gettin some ammo last week, and decided to weigh the crate I keep it in. Suddenly a compound bow is starting to seem like a better idea (135 lbs. in case anyone was wondering) I'll lug it if I have to, but arrows are recycleable, and if you had to, you could make new ones. If I hadda leave the ammo, I'd just keep the aught6 and Deagle. I have a bow, but I don't stay as current as I do with the firearms. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes though. You're not giving away your position if you want rabbit for dinner. Guess there's a bit too much cowboy in me, I wont let the guns go...

AndrewLoweWatson Guest
    There have been rather a lot of these warnings of imminent doom over the past year or so. So far we're still in one piece.
    Mind you, it only has to have me saying nothing will happen for Fate to pay me back... so my advice is - head for the hills and take a good book or two. Remember there's no TV in caves.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Still NOTHING!!!!

dMole Guest

Cowboy up!

Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    Suddenly a compound bow is starting to seem like a better idea (135 lbs. in case anyone was wondering) I'll lug it if I have to, but arrows are recycleable, and if you had to, you could make new ones. If I hadda leave the ammo, I'd just keep the aught6 and Deagle. I have a bow, but I don't stay as current as I do with the firearms. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes though. You're not giving away your position if you want rabbit for dinner. Guess there's a bit too much cowboy in me, I wont let the guns go...
    Hey AuG and Happy year-short-of-40 B-day!

I grew up on a ranch in the Rocky Mtns., wore my 3rd pellet gun before age 6, got my first firearm for my 8th b-day, and my first shotgun at 14.

I've recently quit an engineering job "in the city" and have interviewed for a career job "out in the hills" in order to live somewhere more sustainable. 22 Long Rifle is your best bet for survival- more accurate and longer range than a bow, and you can buy several THOUSAND rounds for $100 or so. Also very quiet, and you can "muffle" things on certain .22s with a polyethylene soda bottle and some electrical tape if you don't mind breaking ATF rules and blocking your line-of-sight (but it is HIGHLY effective for a few rounds or so). I like the 9mm carbines for quiet (like the Marlin or $Colt$) or .223 for economy, but our ranges are considerably longer out West. My USMC nephew out-shot all 3 of his Master Gunnery Sgt. instructors at Camp Pendleton, and they gave him considerable brain-damage until they found out he was from "Utaaaw"- I guess they've seen that before.

I'd lay stone-cold Benjamins that you and I are already on the FEMA "red list", but I'll also lay Benjamins that the "4-corners" area of UT/AZ/NM/CO won't be an easy conquest (I expect N/B/C and "non"-lethals to be on the battle plan to "tame" us). One thing, every fall, approx. 250,000 licensed hunters in Utah take centerfire rifles to "the hills" for the Mule deer hunt. How many troops are in Iraq and Blackwater? This number also doesn't include ID, MT, WY, AZ, or CO...

I think you said you went to Iraq in '91 and got exposed to all that Depleted? Uranium. I'm assuming this was military-related from your writing style- I'd like to compare notes with my nephew's Afghanistan-Taliban-Cuba stuff if you want to PM me. I've also got a LOT of off-grid energy info if you're interested.

You and your sons should check out the original 1911 Boy Scout Handbook- shows how to make your own bow and set snares. Tom Brown's books are pretty great (with a lot of Amazon disinfo reviews for some reason), and Larry Dean Olsen's books are also good (but have been accused of being Southwestern US specific- he's a local Utah boy like me).

Blowguns aren't a bad weapon either- I've killed 5-15 lb. carp with the good shots and some patience. Also much quieter than a bow. You can learn a lot from "savages"...

Peace, as long as they let us...
    dMole

P.S. Yes, I've actually ridden a bull, and raced dirt bikes, and been skydiving, and certified scuba diving, and...

AuGmENTor Guest
    Thanks for the bday wishes... If this is what almost 40 feels like, I will almost assuredly be dead before 50! BLECH.

Nothing as romantic as a ranch in the Rockies for me... It was a farm in upstate NY here. We had no shower in my home until I was 13 and installed one. Until that point it was a claw foot tub. I remember our water pump failing when I was like 8, and not having running water indoors for a few weeks. Boiling water on a woodstove to take a bath is something everyone should have to do.
    At eight years old, I was learning how to trap small game and selling the pelts. 30 years ago you could get 40 bux for a decent racoon pelt, wich was a kings ransom. Tanning is a gross thing to do, believe you me. I was the Mengele of New Windsor as faras neighborhood cats went. Really lucky I didn't catch more dogs. I grew into making deadfalls and snares and all manner of home made traps.

22LR: I have 2. A savage tube feed, and a remington magazine feed. The remmy is my prefrence, and yeah, cartridges number in the HIGH thousands. The silencer is a good idea, but I prefer the pvc, steel wool method (lower profile that still allows the scope).
    The combined weight of all of my firearms and ammo is more than I am prepared to lug overland to the property upstate,so I have an anorexic list of bare essentials that is simply the 30.06 (illegally altered to house 20 rounds) the remmy 22 and the desert eagle. But I think if it comes to it I will not be using them to hunt as I said before.

Interesting about all the registered hunters. I don't bother, as this is America, and I don't need papers to take game off of my own land. Those papers are just a trail leading to you and your cache of weapons.

I am VERY interested in anything you know about circumventing non-lethal technology. Back in my time, you could get around CS nerve gas with a damp towel and some vaseline. Now days they have microwave emmitters and audio disruptors and who knows what else.

Believe it or not, I HAVE the 1911 boyscout book! Given to me by my father. My boys did the boyscout thing until I realized what a bunch of politically correct cunts those people were. Jesus, the manual was soooo watered down! Not to mention the section of how to get your asshole cored out in three easy lessons!!!! Just kidding on the last, but you get the idea.
    Never played with blowguns, as they seemed very "savage" to me. Perhaps I will learn to make one.

There are lots of posts in here about my wonderful Iraqi vacation. For the most part I try not to dwell on it cept for friday nights, wich is when I shapen my knife in the dark... naked and crying. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Off the power grid? Nice, but I don't think I will have the resources available to be able to do it. My boys seem to think they are going to be able to power laptops and ps3's and alllll their creature comforts. I just let them think it. Would make an interesting read though... So if you're of a mind, post it!
    This forum is pretty open, and you will find LOTS of threads that go WAYYYYY off topic. Plus Gold just left, wich sux, but he NEVER said anything in my time here about posting off topic.
    blech, time to get ready to work for food.

dMole Guest

EM "non" lethals and research hints

Hey Aug,

There is some good info on the Navy's own page about RF Hazards at:
    http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/acq...FR/default.htm. Of course your trusty gas mask and "alternative" electromedicine might be handy in biological and chemical attacks. There's probably a reason the Taliban went down into those high-mountain caves in Afghanistan.

Dr. Nick Begich has done some excellent research on HAARP and NL technology. Most of the NL tech operates in the ELF band (down below 20 Hz, like the human nervous system) or microwave heat/crowd control (mostly classified and carefully pulse-modulated frequencies), but the MIL-STDs and patents give some good personnel safety hints- very dry reading though for most non-scientists. The South Park BM "brown note" is rumored to really exist too in the sub-sonic realm.

My university physics building was fully shielded (no FM radio reception in downtown Salt Lake City with dozens of radio stations), due to the superconducting magnets in use and the 2 million volt generator down in the basement- now that really messed up computers if you weren't prepared (EMP). I believe it was electrically grounded steel mesh in the brick walls, but there may have been some lead used too. You can learn a lot from experimenting with cell phone reception, too. I think there's more to the "no cell phone use on airplanes" that we've been told (especially in the 9/11 Truth sense). I'd use aluminum or steel window screen instead of fiberglass (with grounding wire if you lean toward the "paranoid?"), but we have a bad yellow jacket problem out West anyway in the summertime, and I've watched them chew through fiberglass screen in seconds. Aluminum screen might come in handy for that rainy day "muffler" project too.

The tin foil hat might not actually be such a bad idea, except nobody said it needed a big ground wire attached! Those aluminized mylar "survival" blankets can give good shielding when grounded too (your home's water pipes are about the best earth ground you will find). I've seen working ultrasonic welders and cleaners, RF heating, heating/cooling with sound, wave soldering, and various other non-contact "science fiction" devices operate. I find it amusing how people will ridicule the "tin foil conspiracy theorists" based on "common sense" when they know next to nothing about Faraday cage shielding, EM/RF radiation, and NLT tech. To offset or jam NLT, you'd need to know the exact frequencies, but a well placed shot to an RF transponder with a 50-cent bullet will likely knock out millions of dollars worth of NLT circuitry. Also those big, black power-cable looking things are likely big power supply cables, not to mention that generators are a very strategic target. HERF weapons often need a huge power input, something that Dr. Steven Jones pointed out in the DEW flame wars. This is not to say that some likely classified NL/HERF weapons could have low-power input with highly focused radiation of dangerous intensity to humans and animals. Dr. Allen Frey and Dr. Jose Delgado did some disturbing research way back in the 1960s, too. There have been many immoral and illegal actions shrouded under the cloak of "national SUCKurity" since 1947. Of course bringing back a Constitutional legitimate form of government is the best defense against tyranny.

Just a few of the unclassified "shadow" and NL patents are below- pat2pdf.org is a great research tool. The rumors about Soviet and "scalar" Tesla weapons aren't very reassuring either (woodpecker signal, Moscow embassy, etc.) Lt. Col Thomas Bearden, Maxwell's original work, Nikola Tesla, and Whittaker's 1903 quaternion math cover the theory pretty well for the scientifically minded.

Patent 3,951,134 - Apparatus and method for remotely monitoring and altering brain waves

Patent 4,686,685 - Method And Apparatus for Altering a Region in the Earth's Atmosphere, Ionosphere, and/or Magnetosphere (HAARP)

Patent 4,717,343 - Method of Changing Person's Behavior

Patent 4,858,612 - Hearing Device

Patent 4,877,027 - Hearing System

Patent 5,123,899 - Method and System for Altering Consciousness

Patent 5,159,703 - Silent Subliminal Presentation System

Patent 5,270,800 - Subliminal Message Generator

Patent 5,507,291 - Method and an Associated Apparatus for Remotely Determining information as to Person's Emotional State

Patent 5,539,705 - Ultrasonic Speech Translator and Communications System

Patent 5,629,678 - Personal Tracking and Recovery System

Patent 5,760,692 - Intra-oral Tracking Device

Patent 5,878,155 - Method for verifying human identity during electronic sale transactions (Mark of the Beast) Read more about this patent here:

Patent 5,905,461 - Global Positioning Satellite Tracking Device

Patent 5,935,054 - Magnetic excitation of Sensory Resonances

Patent 5,952,600 - Engine Disabling Weapon

Patent 6,006,188 - Speech Signal Processing for Determining Psychological or Physiological Characteristics Using a Knowledge Base

Patent 6,011,991 - Communication system and method including brain wave analysis and/or use of brain activity

Patent 6,014,080 - Body Worn Active and Passive Tracking Device

Patent 6,017,302 - Subliminal Acoustic Manipulation of Nervous System

Patent 6,051,594 - Methods and Formulations for Modulating the Human Sexual Response

Patent 6,669,094 - Method of Embedding and Recovering Encoded Item Identification Information in an Emulsion by Means of Radiant Energy