This guy is a brother-in-law of a very good friend of mine. He served in the Army and tried to get in as a Ranger but never quite made it. However, in the years of training with them he made quite a few friends and I would like to share with you what he is telling my good friend (his brother-in-law). It doesn't show up in the email conversation below but this email started after I wrote to him that I believed something big is going to happen within the next sixty days. Don't want to worry anybody but if the Rangers think something big is going to happen then well, that is probably worth listening to.

Dble T
----- Original Message -----
To: Dble T
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: Cave Living
I haven't spoken with him directly, so this is double hearsay, but the word is many of his buddies are preparing for something big--in the belief it is imminently near.

Whatever it is, it has got him spooked. He has bought filters to filter water, gas masks, surgical masks, blankets, batteries and stuff to make his own bullets and shells. He is pestering Alley to find out whether we have stocked up yet.

Alley is now spooked enough from talking to him that she wants to invest in solar panels for our house as well as other equipment so that we can drink from our well.

But, unless we are getting nuked or dirty bombs are let loose, I can't see rural and suburban areas being exposed to a high risk. So, I am not sure what to make of this and I am not quite ready abandon home and head for the hills.

On 8/14/06, Dble T wrote:
What are his Ranger buddies saying exactly, or inexactly for that matter?

----- Original Message -----
To: Dble T

Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 11:23 AM
Subject: Cave Living

You are not alone in thinking that there will be a big event in the next 60 days or so.

He is convinced, partially from the feedback he is getting from his Ranger buddies, that something big is going to happen soon.

So, he has started to horde canned goods, seeds, water and artillery. In addition he is scoping out caves to hunker down in while the shit is underway--caves always have water, are cool in the summer and relatively warm in the winter.