Dave Thanks a Police Officer
Arrest on Friday in Rockville, Maryland of 9/11 Activist Leafletting at a Showing of Oliver Stone's "WORLD TRADE CENTER"

http://911courage.org/article.php?st...60812042646829

August 12, 2006

ROCKVILLE, MD - On Wednesday August 9th, nationwide group 911Courage.org carried out leafletting in 14 states, some legal, some not at the opening of Oliver Stone's "World Trade 'Center". Two people risked arrest. Mia Hamel of Tampa was arrested but no one ever told group founder David Slesinger to stop leafletting at his Rockville, Maryland location, the Regal Rockville Stadium 13.

Montgomery County's finest obliged him with an arrest at about 9:30PM Friday evening after trying a little friendly persuasion to get him to leave voluntarily. Slesinger made it clear that he would stop leafletting only when placed under arrest and with that he was led to the squad car and handcuffed.

"One officer said I should realize they didn't want to do this. I responded I expected that their main goal was to do their job with professionalism, and that I have no complaints," Slesinger stated.

"The officer who handcuffed me and drove me to the station ( 2 blocks ) was exceedingly polite. Officer Merritt let me sit in the cell handcuffed to the wall no more than a half hour before releasing me. He said I didn't seem violent so he didn't want to take me to an overnight cell. I thanked him for the compliment. He even said I seemed to know what I was doing," he continued.

A trial date hasn't been set. He received a ticket for trespass with a maximum fine of $500 and maximum sentence of 6 months and is banned from the property for 3 years. Additionally, it was explained to him that if he got arrested there again he'd get a second trespass charge.

When asked about his leafletting at the movie's premier on August 9th, Slesinger said, "I thank all those members of the press who took the time to cover or at least try to cover the action on Wednesday. I didn't want to ask for your time again unless the authorities changed their position and enforced the law."

More info on the continuing leafletting may be found at www.911courage.org or info@911courage.org