Thread: Rep. Steve Nass: It Would Be Silly To Debate Barrett On His 9/11 Fiction

Rep. Steve Nass: It Would Be Silly To Debate Barrett On His 9/11 Fiction

Rep. Steve Nass: It would be silly to debate Barrett on his 9/11 fiction

http://www.madison.com/tct/opinion/l...=92561&ntpid=4

A letter to the editor

Editor's note: A concerted e-mail campaign is calling on state Rep. Steve Nass to debate University of Wisconsin-Madison lecturer Kevin Barrett about the 9/11 attacks. Barrett asserts the U.S. government was behind the attacks; Nass has called on the UW to fire Barrett because of his views. Nass' office, as well as this newspaper and other media outlets, have been inundated with e-mails from all over the country demanding a debate between the two men. On Wednesday, Nass' office sent this response:

Thank you for contacting me with your request that I debate Kevin Barrett regarding his 9/11 conspiracy theory. A debate is a process of discussing facts and attempting to interpret those facts. It would be silly to debate Mr. Barrett on his fiction relating to the events of 9/11.

I offer the following quotes for you to reflect upon:

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." (John Adams, Dec. 4, 1770)

"Man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the spot of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason and the mind becomes a wreck." (Thomas Jefferson, Dec. 8, 1822)

The facts surrounding 9/11 are truly a stubborn thing for Mr. Barrett. Mr. Barrett's personal views exceed the hand of reason and his hatred of the U.S. government, while clearly a part of his faith, doesn't constitute evidence.

Rep. Steve Nass
    31st Assembly District
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Eckolaker Guest
    Is this guy High?

I mean what the fuck?

I guess its time for another email.

"Nass' office, as well as this newspaper and other media outlets, have been inundated with e-mails from all over the country demanding a debate between the two men."

Eckolaker Guest
    I know I sent Steve Nass a email myself.

Any ideas of undisputable facts I should send him?

I want to keep it short and simple and about 5 or less.

werther Guest
    norman mineta

Eckolaker Guest
    yeah, I was going to definately mention Sibel Edmonds and Norman Mineta.

I'll put the email together tonight when I get home.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    pwned

ZachM Guest
    I offer the following quotes for you to reflect upon:

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." (John Adams, Dec. 4, 1770)

"Man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the spot of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason and the mind becomes a wreck." (Thomas Jefferson, Dec. 8, 1822)
    LOL. The first time I read these quotes, I thought they were someone's reply to Nass.