Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kevin Barrett Gets A Massive Story In The Capital Times - Pictures Inside

dnepr Guest

Casseia, waiting for an answer

Quote Originally Posted by dnepr

Let me be direct and to the point. Here is an example, and you tell me if you think anyone should pay spousal support, okay?

Marriage of 9 years. One child from the marriage, 7 years old at time of divorce. Both parents are college degreed and both are professionally employed. Mother always worked before and during the marriage. There are unequal incomes due to difference in career fields and time in that field and husband is 12 years older. Wife earning 42K and husband 100K. Husband is ordered to pay $900 month child support (court wouldn't hear of him having equal custody and visitation).

Now, do you think that father should or should not have to pay spousal support?
    Can you express your opinion of the above scenario please? I'm anxious to hear your opinion.

casseia Guest
    I'm not going to discuss it in this thread, as the site owner has pointed out that it is off topic. Why don't you start a thread with a topic of your choosing?

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Regarding Mr. Barrett: I know I'm pointing out the obvious but thank God for him being a university proffesor because of all the people on all sides calling for his resignation since he's seen a "conspiricy theorist wacho indoctrinating our young people". Hell, former govnt officials talking about 9/11 cant even get on a major newspaper.

Regarding the side topic: Start a new thread in the debate chamber, I'd love to join that discussion.

dnepr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by casseia
    I'm not going to discuss it in this thread, as the site owner has pointed out that it is off topic. Why don't you start a thread with a topic of your choosing?
    Bull! What a cheap way to get out of answering a question. I'm outta here. You guys enjoy this mess.

casseia Guest
    I'm looking for your new thread, but I can't find it.

Oh, you're leaving?

Buh-bye.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Well now I gotta change my initial opinion. See man, you were lightly chided for bein off thread topic, and were invited by the person you were debating to start a NEW thread, where it would be appropriate to argue it. You chose to get all self righteous and say, "have fun with this mess". That's the bitches way out. Why not go have it out. You really DID have a point. Like PG I would've LOVED to go in there and tear soem hole in the common beliefs in that topic, as I've been gettin screwed by that system for almost 20 years now. (You might wanna look at havin like five feet taken off your horses legs)

dnepr Guest

No, I'll change my initial opinion

Personally, my time it to valuable to debate with this person over obvious rights and wrongs. And I didn't hear a single peep from hardly anyone until after I left. Self-righteous? No, don't think so. My father just taught me one thing really well - 'if you play with SH_T, you are bound to get some on you'. I felt 'dirty' just talking with this person. And she had the gaul to call herself a libertarian. That was really humorous. I might start a thread over there when I have time. And, you don't really thing she would have answered the question I put to her even if I had taken the bait and started a new thread over there do you? She wasn't going to answer the question, no matter where it was posed because she couldn't.

AuGmENTor Guest
    She wasn't going to answer the question, no matter where it was posed because she couldn't.
    It didn't seem like she could answer it. All the more reason why we should've gone and handled it. I was in your corner (and posting to show it). At least if we had gone that route we could have shown others what was what. Just like the whole 911 thing. ANti-logic is one of the main tools these people use to cloud the real issue. But it's done now, no point sweating it. You might have done the right thing by NOT engaging for all I know.

AuGmENTor Guest
    For the record, I realize this last should have been a PM. I didn't think of it until too late. I am also disengaging from this topic while in this thread.

casseia Guest
    FWIW, I would have not have backed down from answering him, although I guess that would have made him feel "dirty." To me, as a libertarian, this is about business. It's about the freedom to enter into what are essentially business arrangements (marriage as the process of forming a two-person corporation) and the responsibility to exit that corporation in a manner that is fair to both parties.

If you have a problem with this, you should not get married.