Thread: Weekly Worldwide Prayer/Intention (Remote Participation) Session for 9/11 Truth

haneef Guest

Weekly Worldwide Prayer/Intention (Remote Participation) Session for 9/11 Truth

Hello,

I am proposing that in addition to all the very important concrete actions and intellectual activities being performed toward 9/11 truth success, there also be some collective prayer/well-wishing/meditation for this, done by 9/11 truth well-wishers who are open to the use of prayer or focused intention for practical results. A few initiatives of this sort are already in progress; I support those but feel there is need for and room for something similar additionally. Please review my proposal available at http://home.comcast.net/~nuzi.haneef..._worldwide.htm and participate if you agree and also please forward this URL to others for their consideration. Thanks in advance. I am also pasting in the text below in case for some reason the URL does not work.

If you tend to disagree with this sort of thing and decide to actively oppose the idea, I'd appreciate if you first read my elaboration of what this is, including my statement that: "Of course, some 9/11 truth supporters may not agree with the premise of this proposal and thus not join and may even criticize it. I certainly respect their right to do so and their stance must not be construed as lack of cooperation for 9/11 truth. I do hope, however, that such objectors will respect the right of others to disseminate this proposal and participate."

Regards, Nuzi
    ---------------------------------------- Text of proposal -------------------------------------

Weekly Worldwide
    Prayer/Intention Session for 9/11 Truth Success

Proposed Start Date: Sunday, July 30, 2006

Suggested Remote Participation Activity for 9/11 Truth Well-Wishers:
    • What: Engage in prayer or focused intention/well-wishing/meditation for the success of the 9/11 truth movement, for a few minutes during an established time period (for collective effect).

• When: Each Sunday, for about 1-5 minutes during the interval 12:00 noon to 12:15 pm US Eastern Time (whether it is standard time or daylight time). (Ideally, use the entire 15 minutes.)

• Who: 9/11 truth well-wishers (who are open to the use of prayer or focused intention for practical results).

• Where: Anywhere you are at the established time (12:00 noon to 12:15 pm US Eastern Time).
    Suggested Words for Prayer/Intention: (Note: You may use any words you like.)

May the facts related to 9/11 be properly investigated and widely disseminated and may this be conducive to promotion of peace, prosperity, justice, and liberty in the US and all over the world.

Elaboration:

The specific well-wishing activity could be religious prayer or a secular/scientific practice such as focused meditation/intention, depending on your beliefs and preferences. The efficacy of such activity, especially when conducted in a collective session, is accepted by most religions and has also been researched scientifically and acknowledged by some researchers. I am proposing a remote participation session, i.e., the participants do not have to be in physical proximity.

Sunday 12:00 -12:15 pm US Eastern Time (ET) is suggested so as to be practical for the US as well as Europe and the Middle East. (I did not specify the period in Coordinated Universal Time to avoid confusion in the US during daylight saving time. Of course, following a specification stated in US time is inconvenient for those in countries that do not switch to daylight time but since the US is the focus of 9/11 truth activism, I thought it was practical to use US time.) Participation is requested only for 1-5 minutes in the 15-minute window.

The discussion forum for members of Scholars for 9/11 Truth (forum not available from the website) indicates that some 9/11 well-wishers already do such an activity on Sunday nights, starting at 9:11 pm US Central Time (CT). MUJCA-NET invites participation in a Day of Prayer for Truth, on Friday afternoons. I support these ideas but am thinking that to promote wider participation a (additional) day and time period more widely convenient may be needed. Friday is a working day for a large part of the world. 9:11 pm US CT on Sundays might not be convenient for the US East Coast and certainly is not for Europe. Also, a fixed window rather than a fixed point in time allows flexibility yet assures some concurrency. So, I suggest Sunday 12:00 -12:15 pm US ET.

I hope this will become a weekly collective activity and that 9/11 truth well-wishers worldwide, especially those who believe in the power of prayer or focused intention and are not averse to its use as proposed, will join in. Of course, some 9/11 truth supporters may not agree with the premise of this proposal and thus not join and may even criticize it. I certainly respect their right to do so and their stance must not be construed as lack of cooperation for 9/11 truth. I do hope, however, that such objectors will respect the right of others to disseminate this proposal and participate.

Proposed by Nuzhat (Nuzi) Haneef (nuzi.haneef@comcast.net).

Please disseminate and participate if you agree.
    Last edited by haneef; 07-16-2006 at 05:44 PM. Reason: title got cut off due to length; had to reword

I don't believe in God haneef, but we can use all of the help we can get.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

In other words... couldn't hurt.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

haneef Guest

I don't believe in terms of faith either but am open to scientific/anecdotal evidence

Hello, thanks for reading and posting a reply. Actually, I personally do not believe in God either and do not think there is evidence to support such an entity, particularly as defined in most religions. But, I tend to think there is evidence to support the existence of mind-matter interaction, based on scientific experiments as well as personal and anecdotal accounts (which, of course, don't carry scientific weight). Anyway, this is not the forum to discuss this issue so I won't say more. But I very much appreciate your openness to let my proposal go forward.