Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday America

Happy Birthday America

Happy Birthday America

This is the first fourth of July where I've felt ashamed of my country. I don't like this feeling.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

YouCrazyDiamond Guest
    The other day at a store, one of the employees there asked me what I would be doing on the 4th and wished me a good holiday.

I could only manage to shrug my shoulders and smile as the shame of it all ran through me and left me feeling quite sad.

On a good note, I am proud of you, and many others that don’t require naming at this time.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    I hope Trader Joe's isn't packed tommorow. Need to buy some food and don't wanna drive around looking for a good spot.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    And as far as being ashamed of America goes. America is still America. When I walk down the street it's still the same as it was last year, the year before, and the year before that. Only the politics is different, hasnt seemed to effect anything around my block.

AuGmENTor Guest
    I tell ya, I love America and the concept it represents. Who I'm ashamed of is myself and all the American people that allowed this country to be hijacked by these assholes. I have no desire to go and watch people who think they are free eat icees and watch the bright flashing lights. I have decided I'm going into the mountains today, where there are no people, and just have a nice quiet day. They're predicting thunderstorms for my area, and THAT will be my fireworks. Well, that and the rockets that I bought in PA that I'm gonna shoot at eagles!!! (kidding)

princesskittypoo Guest
    i think you should just celebrate anyway. i mean it's the politicians that suck. most of american thinks that too we just have no knowledge of what to do about it. most is "fixed" at this point anyway. bought by big corporations with payoffs. the little people are still what makes america good.

borepstein Guest
    What's so different between this year and the last?

Personally, I respect the Constitution and many - or, should I say, most - of my fellow citizens. The problem is the elite we allow to have power - which, of course, to some degree or other is the result of action or inaction on the part of all citizens.

princesskittypoo Guest
    i finally got off of work and ran down to one of those fireworks stands... we're eating ribs and shootin' fireworks tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    And as far as being ashamed of America goes. America is still America. When I walk down the street it's still the same as it was last year, the year before, and the year before that. Only the politics is different, hasnt seemed to effect anything around my block.
    Now we're hated, and the American people, as a whole, haven't really done anything about it. We are seen as empirical around the world. Around the block differences can be seen at the Gas Station, or in New Orleans, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by princesskittypoo
    i think you should just celebrate anyway. i mean it's the politicians that suck. most of american thinks that too we just have no knowledge of what to do about it. most is "fixed" at this point anyway. bought by big corporations with payoffs. the little people are still what makes america good.
    Robert Bowman made a point at his speech in Chicago. In the 50's, families were able to live on one income. Today, you need two incomes just to "get by". Things are changing in America, and Americans haven't done enough to stop it. The little people are what's needed.