Thread: Defense Department Disavows Santorum's WMD Claims - Video Inside

Defense Department Disavows Santorum's WMD Claims - Video Inside

Defense Department Disavows Santorum’s WMD Claims
    Thanks to www.thinkprogress.org

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/06/21/...vows-santorum/

Video
    Click Here

Today, Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) and Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-MI) held a press conference and announced “we have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.” Santorum and Hoekstra are hyping a document that describes degraded, pre-1991 munitions that were already acknowledged by the White House’s Iraq Survey Group and dismissed.

Fox News’ Jim Angle contacted the Defense Department who quickly disavowed Santorum and Hoekstra’s claims. A Defense Department official told Angle flatly that the munitions hyped by Santorum and Hoekstra are “not the WMD’s for which this country went to war.”

Fox’s Alan Colmes broke the news to Santorum. Watch it:

Click Here

Transcript:

COLMES: Congressman, Senator, it’s Alan Colmes. Senator, the Iraq Survey Group — let me go to the Duelfer Report — says that Iraq did not have the weapons our intelligence believed were there. And Jim Angle reported this for Fox News quotes a defense official who says these were pre-1991 weapons that could not have been fired as designed because they already been degraded. And the official went on to say these are not the WMD’s this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had and not the WMD’s for which this country went to war. So the chest beating at this Republicans are doing tonight thinking this is a justification is not confirmed by the defense department.

SANTORUM: I’d like to know who that is. The fact of the matter is, I’ll wait and see what the actual Defense Department formally says or more important what the administration formally says.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

casseia Guest
    http://www.spreadingsantorum.comThis is, by the way, the NUMBER ONE google hit for "santorum."

werther Guest
    that site is distgustingly awesome!

beltman713 Guest
    This will come back to bite Santorum.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Owned!

I love the look on there stupid faces after they were beating there chests and were all pround of finding those usless depleted pre-91 chemicals.

<----Here's the re-creation of that interview.