Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear Police, And Military Personnel...

AuGmENTor Guest
    and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed overme, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice...
    This clears up your gray area, you follow the orders you are given, based on enemies percieved by your chain of command. The UCMJ provides a way to challenge an order, and its validity. That is by starting up your chain of command, typically your squad leader, depending on you rank. You still have to obey the standing order until such time as it has been deemed invalid. I can't imagine what the armed forces would be like if everyone enlisted picked and chose what orders they felt to be valid. I.E, I'm not driving this truckload of supplies to where I was ordered to, for I feel that the people being supplied are the real enemy, thus immoral.
    I agree that this war is unjust and completely illeagal. I do not agree that everyone in the armed forces is supposed to listen to their guts. Were that the case, I don't think we'd have ever have won any of these wars, just and unjust alike.
    Kind of a unique situation now, I'll grant you. For it seems they are in the command of a blood thirsty lunatic. I'm glad I am not faced with their choices.

borepstein Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed overme, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice...
    This clears up your gray area, you follow the orders you are given, based on enemies percieved by your chain of command. The UCMJ provides a way to challenge an order, and its validity. That is by starting up your chain of command, typically your squad leader, depending on you rank. You still have to obey the standing order until such time as it has been deemed invalid. I can't imagine what the armed forces would be like if everyone enlisted picked and chose what orders they felt to be valid. I.E, I'm not driving this truckload of supplies to where I was ordered to, for I feel that the people being supplied are the real enemy, thus immoral.
    I agree that this war is unjust and completely illeagal. I do not agree that everyone in the armed forces is supposed to listen to their guts. Were that the case, I don't think we'd have ever have won any of these wars, just and unjust alike.
    Kind of a unique situation now, I'll grant you. For it seems they are in the command of a blood thirsty lunatic. I'm glad I am not faced with their choices.
    Well, quite obviously you can't pick and choose orders in the battlefield. Yet before you get to the battlefield... That's complicated, too, but I think - at least from the moral perspective - if you refuse to deploy to the war in Iraq that can be acceptable.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Technically I don't think it is acceptable to refuse deployment. Sad to say, I think the people who DO refuse don't have a legal leg to stand on. But I am totaly in their corner. I have both children and sibling who are of age to go... But luckily, they have a bit too much on the ball to even think about joining. I believe in defending our country, I did it. But not for this shameful outrage that is unfolding.

princesskittypoo Guest
    did the people who ran from the draft finally get pardoned? talking about vietnam....

bump
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG