Thread: Dear Police, And Military Personnel...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dear Police, And Military Personnel...

Dear Police, And Military Personnel...

I'm writing you tonight in the hopes that, if in the future, you are asked to do something against your fellow citizens, that you please... take a deep breath, think about what it is that you're doing, and most importantly, question the morality of what it is you're being asked to do.

There is no shame in disobeying a direct order. If that order is not morally, and ethically justified, then it is your duty to disobey.

I don't know if you've read recently, but a man by the name of Ehren Watada refused to deploy to Iraq.

His reason for doing so:

"I feel that we have been lied to and betrayed by this administration," Watada said Tuesday in a telephone interview from Fort Lewis. "It is the duty, the obligation of every soldier, and specifically the officers, to evaluate the legality, the truth behind every order — including the order to go to war."

You may have noticed that I addressed the 1st Lieutenant as a man before I addressed him as a soldier. My reason for doing so is because he is a man before he is a soldier. He is also a son. The son of a man who opposed the Vietnam War. He learned early on that you don't send soldiers to war for the wrong reasons. He is doing what he, and MANY others think is right.

For me, I know one of the main reasons I got involved in the 9/11 Truth Movement was because I was hit very hard by the deaths of all of those firemen, policemen, and port authority workers.

On the day of 9/11, I made this picture:

I still cry everytime I think about those brave men and women who did everything they could to save those people. If not for their efforts, 1000's more would have surely perished.

Here is a picture I use all the time to remind myself of what it is I'm fighting for. Who it is I'm fighting for.

And as for you soldiers... I devote a GREAT amount of time educating people on what's happening to you guys over there. I don't want you to be there. I want you to come home. You deserve better than this. It is not the Government's right to use you when it is unnecessary. HOW DARE THEY?!? How dare they put OTHER PEOPLES' sons, daughters, fathers, and mothers in jeopardy based on lies and deceit?!?

I was prompted to write this letter because some very interesting news was released today, and in the past few months.

Today, two stories broke that I think are very scary. "A federal judge in Brooklyn ruled yesterday that the government has wide latitude under immigration law to detain noncitizens on the basis of religion, race or national origin, and to hold them indefinitely without explanation." and the "Supreme Court made it easier Thursday for police to barge into homes and seize evidence without knocking or waiting."

That doesn't sound like America to me. That doesn't sound like the place I grew up where it is "the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Granted, I know the focus is on "non-citizens", and "non-citizens" don't have those rights (even though they are people to, and deserve the same amount of respect as we do), but what's to stop them from crossing the line? Especially if another attack takes place?

Please, if the time comes when you are asked to do something that might be considered questionable, immoral, or unethical against your fellow citizens, think before you act.

Sincerely,

Jon Gold
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

GeorgeWashington Guest

Wow

Excellent, moving, hard-hitting piece.

Wow ...

Thanks.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG