Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Galloway Says The Murder Of Tony Blair Would Be "Justified"

George Galloway Says The Murder Of Tony Blair Would Be "Justified"

Galloway says murder of Blair would be 'justified'

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/pol...icle601356.ece

By Oliver Duff
    Published: 26 May 2006

The Respect MP George Galloway has said it would be morally justified for a suicide bomber to murder Tony Blair.

In an interview with GQ magazine, the reporter asked him: "Would the assassination of, say, Tony Blair by a suicide bomber - if there were no other casualties - be justified as revenge for the war on Iraq?"

Mr Galloway replied: "Yes, it would be morally justified. I am not calling for it - but if it happened it would be of a wholly different moral order to the events of 7/7. It would be entirely logical and explicable. And morally equivalent to ordering the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Iraq - as Blair did."

The Labour MP Stephen Pound, a persistent critic of Mr Galloway during previous controversies, told The Sun that the Respect MP for Bethnal Green and Bow in east London was "disgraceful and truly twisted".

He said: "These comments take my breath away. Every time you think he can't sink any lower he goes and stuns you again. It's reprehensible to say it would be justified for a suicide bomber to assassinate anyone."

The Stop the War Coalition criticised Mr Galloway: "We don't agree with Tony Blair's actions, but neither do we agree with suicide bombers or assassinations."

Just hours after four bomb attacks killed 52 people on London's transport system last July, Mr Galloway said the city had "paid the price" for Mr Blair's decision to go to war in Iraq and Afghanistan. "Ten thousand Osama bin Ladens have been created at least by the events of the last two years," he told MPs in the Commons that day.

Mr Pound said at the time: "I thought George had sunk to the depths of sickness in the past but this exceeds anything he has done before." The Armed Forces minister, Adam Ingram, accused the Respect MP of "dipping his poisonous tongue in a pool of blood".

Mr Galloway yesterday made a surprise appearance on Cuban television with the Caribbean island's Communist dictator, Fidel Castro - whom he defended as a "lion" in a political world populated by "monkeys".

Mr Galloway shocked panellists on a live television discussion show in Havana by emerging on set mid-transmission to offer passionate support for Castro. Looking approvingly into each others' eyes, the pair embraced.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

thumper Guest
    dumbass

DSM Guest
    He crossed the line there for sure. But it's not that different from what Blair himself has said:
    Britain will pay 'blood price' - Blair
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2239887.stm

Partridge Guest
    Idiot!

Well...

I'm assuming he didn't force the "reporter" to ask "Would the assassination of, say, Tony Blair by a suicide bomber - if there were no other casualties - be justified as revenge for the war on Iraq?"

Of course, he didn't have to answer it.

Partridge Guest
    He should have said "I wouldn't advocate such a stupid tactic. Leave the assassinations to the CIA and MI6. Next question please."

He has done the Anti-War Movement (and Respect) a major disservice with this comment. I mean, it's not like he's niave enough to believe that it won't be wilfully misinterpreted by his (and our) many enemies.

I'm not saying what he said was right, however, I'm sure we all have thought at one time or another why no one has taken a "shot" yet at either of them considering what they've done.

The reason is... people on our side don't do that kind of thing.

thumper Guest
    actually, don't the muslims living in that country, and other european countries, call for this stuff all the time?

Yes... I'm talking about the Anti-War/9/11 Truth folk... we don't do that sort of thing.

thumper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Yes... I'm talking about the Anti-War/9/11 Truth folk... we don't do that sort of thing.
    i'm just saying that if they tried to charge him he could always fall back on that precedent.