Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hijacked Truth?

Cool.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

There's a comments section on the news story... I wanted to post what's there...

Why Are Your Wasting Time On This Strange Person?
    What an odd, sad little fellow this Jonathan Gold appears to be. Did you do any research into his credibility before printing this drivel? Thanks for a good laugh!!

Mike Brown, Philadelphia, PA

Hijacked truth?
    Keith, thanks for providing us with another stimulating article. Personally, I will have to disagree with Jonathan Gold's beliefs that the findings of the 9/11 Commission Report were inaccurate. I believe that the 9/11 attack was a one-of-a-kind type which will probably never occur again. Why? Because for these attacks to have occurred, three levels of security had to have failed. Such laxness should have never occurred. The three levels breached are: (1) Intelligence Community's country-wide surveillance network, (2) Logan Airport's security checkin, and (3) Airline pilots failing to secure the doors to the cockpit. Three levels of security should never fail as they did during 9/11.

William Hewgley, Kingston, Tennessee

Government"s "kooky, ridiculous" conspiracy theories
    KEITH PHUCAS should have consulted with an "expert" who was not so woefully ignorant of the facts surrounding 9/11. For Professor Farley to suggest that 9/11 skeptics' notions are "ridiculous" is in itself ridiculous. It appears Farley has done, not just little research on the subject, but NO research. If he had, he would find voluminous evidence that the only "kooky" idea, in regards to 911, is the government's "official conspiracy theory." Example: WTC #7 was not hit by an airplane and yet, several hours after the twin towers went down, (around 5:30 p.m.) WTC #7 also imploded in a neat pile in the free-fall time of 7 seconds. And yet, there is not even a mention of WTC #7 in the official government report about the events of 9/11. Now that is the definition of "ridiculous."

Debra Trojan, Napa, California

I dont like Bush, but...
    This conspiracy stuff is pure insanity. I suppose the "missile" that hit the pentagon was shaped just like a 747?

t.j., norristown

Building #7
    Building #7 is the absolute smoking gun. All three buildings were brought down by controlled demolition but #7 wasn't even hit by a plane! Just watch the video of it's collapse and it's obvious that it was rigged with explosives. I would love to hear the defenders of the government's official account explain that one. I'll be waiting.

Boyd Holmes, Decatur, Illinois

Great Truth Videos about 9/11
    You can get a lot of the full story by watching videos at 911TrueStory.com
    http://www.911TrueStory.com

Marty, TN

tower#7
    When 2 multi-million ton buildings come crashing down, that force will cause other buildings (tower 7) to collapse as well. This is no conspiracy, more like "dominoes", or a "chain reaction".

Whats up with the derogatory comments about the author of this very objective article? Oh yeah, when there are no strong supporting facts to your argument, the next best strategy is a personal attack.

t.j., norristown

Should be more critical
    What began as a rather straightforward and unbiased account of the 9/11 Truth movement, seems to have succumbed, unfortunately, to the old tactic of psychopathologizing those who are skeptical of the official story

It is even more unfortunate that Mr. Phucas concludes the article by mentioning the NIST report while failing to mention any criticism of the report, such as the one written by Jim Hoffman: http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/nist/index.html

I suggest we look at all the facts before we uncritically give the government-sponsored NIST investigation the final word.

Scott, Los Angeles, CA

No Title
    It is disheartening to hear some of your reader's comments who quickly dismiss Mr. Gold's assertions. I challenge your reader to review the available evidence of what we know happened on 9/11 and reach their own conclusions. Why is it somehow nutty to think our government could have a role in these events? Are we not learning from history and how the American government has previously fabricated information to justify attacking other countries? Doesn't Iran have our weapons via the Iran-Contra Scandal? Wasn't it just a few years ago the American government was supporting Osama Bin-Laden and supplying his "terrorist" with weapons. I implore readers to do their homework.

As Americans, do you find it acceptable that our government had foreknowledge of pending attacks from at least 11 different nations and did nothing? Do you find it acceptable that their has been no investigation of significant "put" options on American and United Airlines the week before the attack?; Do you find it acceptable that our military was unable to protect the Pentagon despite having 90 minutes to respond? Do you find it acceptable that Bush sat in a classroom for almost 30 minutes with full knowledge that the nation was under attack?; Do you find it acceptable that the man known to be responsible for funding the terrorist was in Washington DC meeting with our representatives on the day of the attacks?; Do you find it acceptable that a 47 story building (WTC-7 which housed several key government agencies) fell at free-fall speed at 5pm despite no steel-structured building ever falling in history and was not reported in the 9/11 Commission report; and do you find it acceptable that our government quickly shipped away the evidence at Ground Zero overseas before a truly independent investigation took place?

I do not know how Americans tolerate these actions of our government. One of the worst events in history happened on 9/11 and no time was taken to really understand why these events were allowed to happen. This is the true insult to those who died and the families that now grieve. We should be raising our voice in anger and calling for a true independent investigation (your homework will show you the 9/11 Commission was a joke). So before you criticize Mr. Gold, please do your homework.

Jake O'Neill
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Jake O'Neill, Greenville, South Carolina

well done
    You know you have written a good article when it sparks this much dialog. :-)

t.j., Norristown, PA

somebigguy Guest
    Good stuff Jon.

Some of it was.

jetsetlemming Guest
    Wow, besides two people, all of those were from outside PA.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    My favorites:

Why Are Your Wasting Time On This Strange Person?
    What an odd, sad little fellow this Jonathan Gold appears to be. Did you do any research into his credibility before printing this drivel? Thanks for a good laugh!!

Mike Brown, Philadelphia, PA
    I dont like Bush, but...
    This conspiracy stuff is pure insanity. I suppose the "missile" that hit the pentagon was shaped just like a 747?

t.j., norristown

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Guys, don't forget:

Please encourage others to barrage my editors explaining why I should continue the 911 Truth inquiry. The sooner the better. Feel free to post the e-mail message, just don't send it accidentally to my editors -- shuskey@timesherald.com and gglantz@timesherald.com.

FYI, I just got off the phone with Keith Phucas (the guy who wrote the article), and he's writing a piece on the Zogby Poll...

He's doing a story that will be out in Monday's paper, and he wanted to get my input. I told him to emphasize the non-existent media coverage. That this DESERVES attention, etc... and I told him the thing about the poll that stood out to me most was the fact that 45% of voting Americans suspect the Government, "consciously allowed or helped facilitate their success", and they want a new investigation.

WOOOOOOO!!!

Top 40 Most Read Stories For The Past Week

1. Hijacked truth?
    Read 1400 times.

By: KEITH PHUCAS
    05/21/2006

While the 9/11 Commission Report inquiry has its share of critics, Jonathan Gold's misgivings about the official findings go far beyond skepticism. In fact, the 33-year-old Plymouth Meeting resident is convinced the report is covering up Bush adm