Thread: Some 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists To Boycott Oliver Stone Film

Some 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists To Boycott Oliver Stone Film

Some 9/11 conspiracy theorists to boycott Oliver Stone film

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/91...iver_0728.html

Published: Friday July 28, 2006

Some 9/11 conspiracy theorists are targeting director Oliver Stone's new film, due to what they are calling "its non-conspiratorial viewpoint," according to a release circulating on the web, while others seek ways to inform the anticipated opening day crowds.

"This is not a political film," Stone said flatly in an interview with Dateline NBC. The director had previously become well known for the conspiratorial viewpoints presented in the films JFK and Nixon. The film is centered around two port authority workers, the last survivors to be pulled from the rubble.

"Was Stone used by the Illuminati as an unknowing pawn," reads the release, "to whitewash the 9/11 conspiracy theories to the masses? Was he approached with the project and coerced into a commitment to occupy his time in attempts to thwart any other 9/11 angle from being used? Is Stone a pawn in the game? Perhaps Stone didn't know at the time, and found out too late."

The effort appears to be lead by one John Conner (sometimes spelled Connor,) who claims that he and others in a Christian branch of the 9/11 Truth Movement plan to distribute DVDs of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' film Terror Storm outside of theaters showing the Stone film. RAW STORY discovered photographs purportedly of Mr. Conner with Jones while attempting to verify Conner's existence.

"When I first heard that Oliver Stone was directing a film about 9/11, I was overjoyed. I thought that Oliver Stone would blow the lid off the 9/11 inside job," Explains Conner, who claims in the release to be the author of The Resistance Manifesto.

The book's website describes its subject matter thusly:

"The September 11th Inside Job, Skull and Bones, Bohemian Grove, The Georgia Guidestones, Satanism, Terminators, The Illuminati, Freemasonry, The mark of the Beast, U.S. Concentration Camps, the Mormon Church, Catholic Pedophile Priests, FEMA, PATRIOT Act, Mind Control, Underground Bases and Tunnels, Our Right to Bear Arms, The New World Order, CFR, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission, Project for a New American Century, Rosicrucians, Washington D.C.'s Satanic Symbols, Deism, Echelon, Carnivore, Animal Human Hybrids, Hybrid, Computers/Biocomputers, Neural Interfaces, Biometrics, and much more as a dark web of evil is exposed like never before, making Bible Prophecy and the New World Order crystal clear."

He also claims to be "most well known" for calling for a Christian boycott of singer Jessica Simpson, who Connor characterized as a "singing stripper," "whore," and "slut," the latter of which is repeated once again in the 9/11 release.

Not everyone who questions the official story about 9/11 agrees with the boycott. (Gold9472: Or some of the above mentioned bullshit.)

"Oliver Stone himself said that this is not a political movie," writes RAW STORY commenter Smelly Tuna. "Period. I will go and see it, but not for whether or not there are tidbits of 9/11 truth thrown in there or not."

"It's a fucking MOVIE!" adds Smelly Tuna. "If it were being released as a documentary and there was nothing about Norad standing down, or the molten metal caused bye thermite found in the rubble, or the pyroclastic flow of the dust clouds and debris following the reported secondary explosions, THEN I'D BE MAD... THEN, I'D CONSIDER BOYCOTTING IT. But this is not a documentary."

"Handing out flyers and CD's that speak the truth about what really happened on that day and the days leading up to it is a GREAT IDEA though," he agrees.

David Slesinger from 911Courage is calling for non-violent civil disobedience demonstrations in August when Stone's film opens. Volunteers are being sought to pass out leaflets which request "the Editor in Chief of some large local daily paper to promise readers he/she will either investigate the hard questions about 9/11 or else resign."

"If we successfully invite calm, orderly, nonviolent civil disobedience arrests in 24 states on the same day, we will set an all-time record for such coordinated protests that will be hard for the media to ignore," Slesinger writes at his Website. "The action we propose is simple, safe and civilized, just flyer a suburban mall theater where it is prohibited when Oliver Stone's movie opens in August."

"Stone's personal plot perspective is not important," Slesinger continues. "The crucial point is that the audiences will be large and care about the issue, and the opening day hype will draw lots of media cameras to record our gesture and perhaps our comments, too."

Volunteers who don't wish to face arrest are also being sought to assist with "leafleting at theaters which allow it."

In related news, on Saturday evening, C-SPAN will be broadcasting video from the "American Scholars Symposium: 9/11 and The Neo-Con Agenda," a conference held recently in Los Angeles which featured some members from Scholars for 9/11 Truth and other panelists.

(Editor's note: Title and opening paragraph were slightly changed to reflect nine paragraphs added to end)
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

AndrewLoweWatson Guest
    Sounds as though Stone is doing what he can to point people to the truth. I shall go and see World Trade Center ( I think).

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    This movie looks good. Doesnt have any speculation like the other 9/11 movie.