PDA

View Full Version : Bush Refers To "War On Terror" As "World War III"

Gold9472
05-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Bush says fight against terror is 'World War III'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060505/pl_afp/usattacksbushwwiii_060505220719

Fri May 5, 6:07 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US President George W. Bush said the September 11 revolt of passengers against their hijackers on board Flight 93 had struck the first blow of "World War III."

In an interview with the financial news network CNBC, Bush said he had yet to see the recently released film of the uprising, a dramatic portrayal of events on the United Airlines plane before it crashed in a Pennsylvania field.

But he said he agreed with the description of David Beamer, whose son Todd died in the crash, who in a Wall Street Journal commentary last month called it "our first successful counter-attack in our homeland in this new global war -- World War III".

Bush said: "I believe that. I believe that it was the first counter-attack to World War III.

"It was, it was unbelievably heroic of those folks on the airplane to recognize the danger and save lives," he said.

Flight 93 crashed on the morning of September 11, 2001, killing the 33 passengers, seven crew members and four hijackers, after passengers stormed the cockpit and battled the hijackers for control of the aircraft.

The president has repeatedly praised the heroism of the passengers in fighting back and so launching the first blow of what he usually calls the "war on terror".

In 2002, then-White House spokesman Ari Fleischer explicitly declined to call the hunt for Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaeda group and its followers "World War III."

Good Doctor HST
05-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Bush says fight against terror is 'World War III'

...he said he agreed with the description of David Beamer, whose son Todd died in the crash, who in a Wall Street Journal commentary last month called it "our first successful counter-attack in our homeland in this new global war -- World War III".

Bush said: "I believe that. I believe that it was the first counter-attack to World War III.

Holy fucking shit. I thought this was a joke at first. The year 2008 can't come soon enough. This fucking idiot has to get out of the Oval Office; he's obviously lost his mind. To call going after a couple thousand Al-Qaeda members World War III is very dangerous rhetoric. By uttering World War III, he's put every Muslim in every Middle-East country on even more high alert.

I'm very afraid of what could happen between now and 2008.

Gold9472
05-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Flight 93 did not go down as we were told. The fact that he's using the "heroism" of the passengers on 93 to promote "World War III", after the release of "United 93", a propaganda movie, just clinches it for me.

Good Doctor HST
05-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Exactly. What a dickhead. Using a fictional movie to rally support for an all-out holy war is horrible.
Some articles about strange accounts surrounding Flight 93, for your pleasure:

http://www.flight93crash.com/second-plane-at-flight93-crash-site.htm

http://911research.wtc7.net/planes/evidence/flight93witnesses.html

PhilosophyGenius
05-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Holy fucking shit. I thought this was a joke at first. The year 2008 can't come soon enough. This fucking idiot has to get out of the Oval Office; he's obviously lost his mind. To call going after a couple thousand Al-Qaeda members World War III is very dangerous rhetoric. By uttering World War III, he's put every Muslim in every Middle-East country on even more high alert.

I'm very afraid of what could happen between now and 2008.

Well put...lol

Gold9472
07-16-2006, 06:13 PM
bump

AuGmENTor
07-18-2006, 06:45 PM
I hate comig home to this shit. Is there ever any GOOD news?

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 06:46 PM
This is old dude...

AuGmENTor
07-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Yeah but it showed up, so someone either bumped or replied. I meant in general, except for the few mood lighteners we post, there is never any good news these days man... Guess I'm feeling sorta like you did the other day. So sick of the guardrails, and thinkin of this shit.

Gold9472
07-18-2006, 07:18 PM
I hear ya.

Chana3812
07-18-2006, 10:18 PM
THINK "ACTIVISM"

GO TO A THEATRE ON AUGUST 9 - OPENING NIGHT OF "WORLD TRADE CENTER" with our boy = Nick Cage.

Pass Out some flyers. Get in someone's face. Tell a little 9/11 Truth.

I can't wait - Need the opportunity to speak up and speak out.

But when the cops come, I give up and go home. Got kids who need me :)