PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh, The Fat Man, Has Been Arrested - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Gold9472
04-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Rush Limbaugh reaches settlement in prescription drug charges

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002959804_webrush28.html

By Brian Skoloff
The Associated Press
4/28/2006

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Rush Limbaugh reached a settlement with prosecutors Friday in a fraud case involving prescription painkillers, though the conservative radio commentator maintains his innocence.

Limbaugh turned himself in to authorities about 4 p.m. on a warrant for fraud to conceal information to obtain a prescription, the first charge in the nearly 3-year-old case, said Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the state attorney. He was released an hour later on $3,000 bail.

Limbaugh's attorney, Roy Black, said his client and prosecutors reached a settlement on a charge of doctor shopping.

Under the deal, Limbaugh would eventually see the charge dismissed in 18 months if he continues treatment for drug addiction, Black said.

Limbaugh also must continue to seek treatment from the doctor he has seen for the past 21/2 years, Black said.

Limbaugh entered a plea of not guilty in court Friday.

"Mr. Limbaugh and I have maintained from the start that there was no doctor shopping, and we continue to hold this position," Black said in an e-mailed statement.

Prosecutors began investigating Limbaugh in 2003 after a tabloid newspaper reported that his housekeeper said he had used her to illegally buy painkillers. He soon took a five-week leave from his radio show to enter a rehabilitation program.

Prosecutors seized Limbaugh's records after learning that he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion. They contended that Limbaugh engaged in "doctor shopping," or illegally deceived multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions.

Limbaugh acknowledged he became addicted to pain medication, blaming it on severe back pain.

According to Black, Limbaugh also has agreed to make a $30,000 payment to the state to defray the public cost of the investigation. The agreement also provides that he must refrain from violating the law during this 18 months, must pay $30 per month for the cost of supervision and comply with other similar provisions of the agreement.

beltman713
04-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Mugshot

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4208/limbaughmugshot5kd.jpg

Gold9472
04-28-2006, 07:24 PM
:)

Gold9472
04-28-2006, 07:29 PM
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4416/rush3fi.jpg

AuGmENTor
09-02-2007, 08:16 AM
My mom takes these because of her hip. I had the unfortunate experience last week of picking up not one, but TWO 55 gallon drums of these for her. SHe was really shocked when I showed her online how much her dope goes for on the street, and that it is known as hillbilly heroine. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

PhilosophyGenius
09-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Darn, this thread got my hopes up that he was arrested again.

AuGmENTor
09-02-2007, 07:19 PM
LOL, sorry man.

werther
09-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Darn, this thread got my hopes up that he was arrested again.

Same thing happened to me.

AuGmENTor
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I'll come clean. I kinda knew that was gonna happen. I saw a guest looking at the thread, and it reminded me of that random thing from my life that I thought I would post to piss all of you off....