PDA

View Full Version : Protesters Force Bush To Move Stanford Meeting

Gold9472
04-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Protesters force Bush to move Stanford meeting

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/the_valley/14400850.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

Mercury News
4/21/2006

President Bush's visit to Stanford University's Hoover Institution was quickly moved to another location after more than 1,000 protesters converged around the Hoover tower.

The White House said the protesters blocked the only road into the central areaof the campus where Hoover is located, which forced a meeting with several Hoover fellows to be moved to the campus home of former Secretary of State George Shultz, a Hoover fellow who organized the gathering.

The motorcade instead traveled to the house, which is on the outer edge of campus.

The change in plans delayed the president's arrival by about 15 minutes.

Protesters said they were disappointed that the President would not see them and accused the President of sneaking around to avoid them.

ZachM
04-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Cool. He is coming to West Sacramento tommorow, and I'll be there to greet him. Organizers are anticipating a large turnout, perhaps the largest Sacramento has seen in a long time. Just for the record, I will protest peacefully and cooperate with law enforcement.

beltman713
04-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Cool. He is coming to West Sacramento tommorow, and I'll be there to greet him. Organizers are anticipating a large turnout, perhaps the largest Sacramento has seen in a long time. Just for the record, I will protest peacefully and cooperate with law enforcement.
You'll get your head bashed in anyway.

ZachM
04-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the warning, but I didn't get the drama of an unprovoked attack. It went smoothly. We just shouted "Impeach" as a motorcade arrived and "Worst Ever" as it left. Someone invited me to practice some civil disobedience, but I decided this is not the time. I don't think she went through with it either. I did get the chance to talk with her about 9/11 truth though. She believes in it, but doesn't think it would ever catch on with the public in any reasonable amount of time.

beltman713
04-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Just shouting at him is good, takes away his insulation from reality.