PDA

View Full Version : The God Who Wasn't There - Video Inside

Gold9472
04-15-2006, 05:38 PM
The God Who Wasn't There

Click Here (http://www.thegodmovie.com/clips/Trailer.wmv)

This is a new movie that's coming out. You can read more about it at www.thegodmovie.com

Gold9472
04-16-2006, 05:18 PM
I thought it was pretty good.

Partridge
04-16-2006, 05:18 PM
That was pretty good actually - and very low budget too. The start was a bit crap, a bit 'I'm trying to be like Michael Moore' (not necessarily a good thing in my book!) - but once we started getting to the meat of the issue it was very informative. Especially the interview with mad christian headmaster - I thought I had it bad in an Irish Catholic school!

I would have preferred a more in depth look at the historical documentary evidence/lack thereof of Jesus' existence - and a bigger focus on the internal contradictions in the Bible, expecially discrepancies between the four NT Gospels, which are supposedly the 'Word of God' yet are inconsistent in places.

But still, a good film - one of the better recent documentaries I've seen. But I doubt it will hold any sway among the faithful.

Partridge
04-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Woah we musta just finished watching it at the same time!

Partridge
04-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Also, I'd like to see the special features on the DVD - but I'm too cheap to fork our for it!

Gold9472
04-16-2006, 05:24 PM
I thought it was interesting, but very propagandic... using the ridiculously old footage, sped up, etc...

Partridge
04-16-2006, 05:41 PM
That's what I meant with the Michael Moore comparison. It should have been possible to do the film without overtly ridiculing christians - better yet let them do that themselves such as Mr. 'turn off the camera' Headmaster did to himself.