PDA

View Full Version : Iran Leader: Israel Will Be Annihilated

Gold9472
04-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Iran Leader: Israel Will Be Annihilated

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/iran_israel;_ylt=AhnaSrU8LFgtkLv4bE4px.Ss0NUE;_ylu =X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

(Gold9472: I don't care if he means it or not. It is irresponsible of him to say especially when you consider the fact that the United States and Israel are bearing down on him, and if and when that happens, kiss your ass goodbye.)

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI, Associated Press Writer
23 minutes ago

TEHRAN, Iran - The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

On Friday, he repeated his previous line on the Holocaust, saying: "If such a disaster is true, why should the people of this region pay the price? Why does the Palestinian nation have to be suppressed and have its land occupied?"

The land of Palestine, he said, referring to the British mandated territory that includes all of Israel, Gaza and the West Bank, "will be freed soon."

He did not say how this would be achieved, but insisted to the audience of at least 900 people: "Believe that Palestine will be freed soon."

"The existence of this (Israeli) regime is a permanent threat" to the Middle East, he added. "Its existence has harmed the dignity of Islamic nations."

The three-day conference on Palestine is being attended by officials of Hamas, the ruling party in the Palestinian territories.

Iran has previously said it will give money to the Palestinian Authority to make up for the withdrawal of donations by Western nations who object to Hamas' refusal to recognize Israel and renounce violence. But no figure has been published.

On Tuesday, Ahmadinejad announced that Iran had successfully enriched uranium using a battery of 164 centrifuges, a significant step toward the large-scale production of enriched uranium required for either fueling nuclear reactors or making nuclear weapons.

The United States, France and Israel accuse Iran of using a civilian nuclear program to secretly build a weapon. Iran denies this, saying its program is confined to generating electricity.

The U.N. Security Council has given Iran until April 28 to cease enrichment. But Iran has rejected the demand.

The chief of Israeli military intelligence, Maj. Gen. Amos Yadlin, was quoted Wednesday as saying Iran could develop a nuclear bomb "within three years, by the end of the decade."

Goatfish
04-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Maybe they do want us and/or Israel to go after them. Besides, if the US and Israel can threaten and intimidate countries all day long, I don't see how we're being anything less than hypocritical by harping all over what other countries say.
In my opinion, if the US is allowed to keep saying it might have to pre-emptively nuke Iran, then I say Iran should be able to spew the most inflammatory rhetoric as much as it wants. What's fair is fair.
Moreover, until recently I had no doubts about the Holocaust. I'm not saying it didn't take place, but considering the absurd lengths Israel and Jews in general are going to silence people from raising any questions concerning it, it's causing me to become suspicious. It is absolutely aburd that people are being jailed merely over presenting critical accounts about it. To me, if everything we've been told is so true, there'd be no need to jail anybody. They could yap away forever, but the facts should be able to easily refute their contentions. But no one seems to even want to go that far. Something is fishy, we are not being told the whole truth..

Gold9472
04-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Maybe they do want us and/or Israel to go after them. Besides, if the US and Israel can threaten and intimidate countries all day long, I don't see how we're being anything less than hypocritical by harping all over what other countries say.

In my opinion, if the US is allowed to keep saying it might have to pre-emptively nuke Iran, then I say Iran should be able to spew the most inflammatory rhetoric as much as it wants. What's fair is fair.

Moreover, until recently I had no doubts about the Holocaust. I'm not saying it didn't take place, but considering the absurd lengths Israel and Jews in general are going to silence people from raising any questions concerning it, it's causing me to become suspicious. It is absolutely aburd that people are being jailed merely over presenting critical accounts about it. To me, if everything we've been told is so true, there'd be no need to jail anybody. They could yap away forever, but the facts should be able to easily refute their contentions. But no one seems to even want to go that far. Something is fishy, we are not being told the whole truth..

Goatfish, I'm jewish. A family member of mine was in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. He was branded on his arm. The Holocaust took place. If you want to question what happened during the Holocaust, be my guest. If you want to question whether or not it actually happened, then you have crossed the line into insanity.

PhilosophyGenius
04-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Goatfish, you may be on to something. I've seen pictures on Time Magazine about the Iranian Revolotianary Gaurds and man, they look like real hardcore jihadists- they're deeply religious and highly motivated people. So if they go to war with the U.S. and Israel, and they all die fighting and take out as many Americans and Jews as they can, then it's all good for them.

Gold9472
04-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Goatfish, you may be on to something. I've seen pictures on Time Magazine about the Iranian Revolotianary Gaurds and man, they look like real hardcore jihadists- deeply regligious people. So if they go to war with us and Israel, and they all die fighting and take out as many Americans and Jews as they can, then it's all good for them.

He's definitely right about the hypocrisy.

Goatfish
04-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Goatfish, I'm jewish. A family member of mine was in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. He was branded on his arm. The Holocaust took place. If you want to question what happened during the Holocaust, be my guest. If you want to question whether or not it actually happened, then you have crossed the line into insanity.

Well, half at least. My father's Jewish, my mother converted, my brother converted, and my in-laws are all Jewish. Of course this should have nothing to do with whether I can question the Holocaust or not.
If you'll check out my original post, I never said the Holocaust didn't take place. My grandfather changed his last name in an effort to conceal the fact that he was Jewish. I am not questioning whether it happened, I'm just questioning its scope and if we've been given the whole truth about it.
If we have been misled as to what truly happened and the truth were somehow exposed, Israel and Jewish people in general would stand to lose an awful lot. Israel collects a lot of money each year over the Holocaust, and Israel (and Jews in general) derive a lot of sympathy because of it.
Israel has underhandedly abused this sympathy in order to help garner support for its various war crimes against the Palestinians.
Michael Rivero, who runs the whatreallyhappened.com website, brings up a good point about those who seek to avoid the truth: the truth needs no laws to support it. Throughout history, it's only been liars and those looking to conceal the truth who have used the courts and legislatures in order to force an adherence to dogma. No one needs to make a law forcing people to believe that the world is round. That's because anyone can do their own fact checking and find out what's really true.
The fact that Israel wishes to jail anyone who even merely brings up possible points of contention means that someone, or a group of somebodies, is full of shit. If David Irving really were putting forth total propaganda which was in no way true, then naturally the facts would refute him. But there is a real push to not even allow the debate to go that far. WHY??? He's basically being jailed for claiming the world is flat.
I understand that the Holocaust is something touchy for most people. However, it should not be avoided on that account alone. Many more people were killed in the war itself than perished in the Holocaust. And yet we discuss their deaths and how they occurred all the time. Why isn't this same level of discussion also applied to the Holocaust?
I'm just saying that we don't know exactly what happened, and the fact that even venturing in that direction is supposed to make one automatically criminal, makes me very suspicious..

Goatfish
04-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Goatfish, you may be on to something. I've seen pictures on Time Magazine about the Iranian Revolotianary Gaurds and man, they look like real hardcore jihadists- they're deeply religious and highly motivated people. So if they go to war with the U.S. and Israel, and they all die fighting and take out as many Americans and Jews as they can, then it's all good for them.

I think Iran wants the US and Israel to think it will strike back in a conventional manner, meaning with air strikes and rocket attacks.
I think they will launch unprecedented terrorist attacks in many major cities in the US and Israel. Iran is supposedly one of the biggest sponsors of terrorism in the world. Imagine them sending thousands of suicide bombers and other various martyrs to blow up stuff in dozens of cities simultaneously. They would wage this campaign until America's collective will breaks.
If the US or Israel uses nukes either pre-emptively or after an Iranian response, the image of these countries in the eyes of arabs all over the world would be destroyed forever. I think many arabic countries are sick of the US, and an action like that would compel them to become foes of the US forever. Imagine Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, etc. all collectively going against the US. Sure they don't have formidable armies, but they can employ assymetrical warfare (terrorism). They can all decide to no longer supply the US with oil. In the past they could not get away with this, but with so many new huge customers (China, India, Russia) emerging on the scene, they now can sell their oil elsewhere and not have to suffer a loss. And Russia and China are not going to sit by as the US attempts to bomb every oil rich nation in some sorry attempt to force them to keep supplying oil.

PhilosophyGenius
04-14-2006, 11:04 PM
I think Iran wants the US and Israel to think it will strike back in a conventional manner, meaning with air strikes and rocket attacks.
I think they will launch unprecedented terrorist attacks in many major cities in the US and Israel. Iran is supposedly one of the biggest sponsors of terrorism in the world. Imagine them sending thousands of suicide bombers and other various martyrs to blow up stuff in dozens of cities simultaneously. They would wage this campaign until America's collective will breaks.
If the US or Israel uses nukes either pre-emptively or after an Iranian response, the image of these countries in the eyes of arabs all over the world would be destroyed forever. I think many arabic countries are sick of the US, and an action like that would compel them to become foes of the US forever. Imagine Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, etc. all collectively going against the US. Sure they don't have formidable armies, but they can employ assymetrical warfare (terrorism). They can all decide to no longer supply the US with oil. In the past they could not get away with this, but with so many new huge customers (China, India, Russia) emerging on the scene, they now can sell their oil elsewhere and not have to suffer a loss. And Russia and China are not going to sit by as the US attempts to bomb every oil rich nation in some sorry attempt to force them to keep supplying oil.

Supposedly the Iranian backed Hezbollah has cells all across the world and in the U.S. So what your saying is more than likely. As far as all arab nations attack us goes, not gonna happen. But I do think that's it's very possible that Syria and Lebanon (Hezbollah) will join the war since they've formed a pack- especially since Iran virtually created Hezbollah.

Another thing that makes this war so dangerous is that the Iranians know what to do, and what not to do by simply watching the news and seeing America's week points. They know that if there soldiers melt away into the population and wait rather then engage U.S. troops in the field, America would be screwed.