PDA

View Full Version : Discuss: Those Al-Qaeda Video Tapes

PhilosophyGenius
04-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Just now al-Zawahiri released another tape saying Jihadists should go to Iraq and fight:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060413/ap_on_re_mi_ea/al_qaida_zawahri_tape
----"The Islamic nation must support the heroic mujahedeen (holy warriors) in Iraq, who are fighting on the very front line for the dignity of Islam," al-Zawahri said, waving his right hand toward the camera.

"And to my brother mujahedeen in Iraq, I say, Stay firm. Stay together. Your enemy has begun to falter, so don't stop pursuing him untill he flees defeated," he said.

He called on Muslims to support his "beloved brother" Al-Zarqawi, who heads al-Qaida in Iraq. "I have lived with him up close, and have seen nothing but good from him," al-Zawahri said.----

Obviously Bush or his supporters could use this to say "we're fighting them over there so we don't have to find them over here". Now some people would argue that these sort of tapes are put out to help the Administration such as the one realesed days before the election (and Bush admitted it helped him win). Personally I'm not fully conviced that someone high up in this admin just pushes a button or makes a phone call and a new tape comes out with a certain message. But are some of the bin Laden tapes or others fake- of course!

Discuss...

beltman713
04-13-2006, 04:41 AM
They save this shit until it is most useful for them to release it.