PDA

View Full Version : Most Americans, And Especially Republicans Don't See Global Warming As Urgent Issue

Gold9472
04-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Gallup: Most Americans Don't See Global Warming as Urgent Issue

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002313671

By E&P Staff
Published: April 07, 2006 10:20 AM ET

NEW YORK With warnings about global warming reaching a fever pitch in recent weeks--Vanity Fair is about to come out with a special section featuring George Clooney and Julia Roberts on its cover--most Americans are convinced that the Earth is being affected, but they have still not grown urgently concerned about it, according to a Gallup poll released today.

Only one in three predict global warming will pose a serious threat in their lifetimes.

Contrary to what one might expect, Gallup found that while public concern is higher than in 2004, it is "no higher than it has been at several points in the past." In fact, Americans are more worried about water pollution, air pollution, and toxic waste than global warming.

This comes despite the fact that a record number of Americans, 58%, believe a climate change as a result of global warming has already begun, and is the result of man-made operations, not natural cycles.

Gallup found that only 36% of Americans say they worry a great deal about "the greenhouse effect" or global warming. The percentage saying global warming will "pose a serious threat to you or your way of life in your lifetime" is now 35%, just two points above that recorded in 2002.

"Since 1999, Republicans' level of worry about the issue has dipped noticeably," Gallup reports, "while worry among Democrats has shown less change."

And Gallup observes: "Despite the increased concern about global warming this year, the issue still has a low ranking relative to other environmental problems, many of which also rose as public concerns since 2004. Since Gallup started measuring public concern about global warming in 1989, the issue has always placed near the bottom of a list of 10 environmental issues rated. Water pollution and toxic waste contamination lead the list this year, with more than 50% of Americans highly concerned about these. Air pollution and loss of tropical rain forests also rank higher than global warming. Acid rain ranks lower."

These results are based on telephone interviews with a national sample of 1,000 adults, conducted March 13-16, 2006.

Chris
04-07-2006, 07:01 PM
this doesnt surprise me at all, the Bush administration is re=writing the books on global warming, firing people for telling the simple truth about it. on another note, can i get a little help? this guy is a douche:

Sigh*

I guess you’re right Jeff. Bush / "The Gubment" / The Illuminati / whatever managed to somehow secretly drill holes into the base structure using crews of hundreds of people going in and out , undetected for months, running hundreds of feet of wire, working with tons of explosives, scoring steel quietly while people walked to and fro and then managed to get Osama to agree to get his followers to fly a 727 fitted with a military grade fuel tank that no one noticed being attached during the 30 minutes between its previous landing and take off.

Now that you mention it, it’s all clear and a much more simple explanation!

Steel melts somewhere in the ballpark of 1500°. Jet fuel burns nowhere near that temperature. However, wood burns at much lower temps and yet can soften metal when given a chimney (limited space) and lots of air flow (hence why steelsmiths used bellows in the old days). Now, if you ask me (and I doubt you will. You’re already a truebeliever and probably not open to dissenting views), WTC was shaped kinda like a chimney. And it had limited space. And there’s quite a bit of wind available at that height.

And yes, the steel alone is strong, but when a single load bearing member fails, the other members must accept extra weight. When many fail, the results are catastrophic (i.e. falling as fast as they can in an accordion like pattern).

However, thank God we’ve got people like you! As smart as BushCo was, they never calculated the Jeff Qs of the world would use Google to definitively prove scientifically how the US Government murdered thousands of their own to start a war for oil.

But, go ahead and tell me to do more research instead as if I’d just read a little more I too could become a believer and have the lies whisked away from my eyes. The Scientologists tell me the same thing. Written By: Robb Allen (Sharp as a Marble) (robb.allen@gmail.com)

http://www.qando.net/details.aspx?Entry=3676

AuGmENTor
09-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Ya know this whole global warming thing really strikes me as a crock of shit. That is not to say that I don't believe that our lives have an impact on the environment, (that would be silly). The point is, what can be done? Lets see a show of hands of people who dont run their airconditioners when it's hot? Or who do anything at ALL to reduce it. When you look at the sheer mtric tonnage of shit put into our atmosphere on a yearly basis, you really begin to understand that there is little point in worrying about it. And fuckin Al Gore burning thousands of gallons of jet fuel to tell us what deepshit we're in just takes the cake! The only thing that would absolutely stop it is if EVERYONE went back to the old ways.. Before electricity, and processed food, and all that good shit. Even when you stop to consider how much mess is made by manufacturing a car, or a home, you realize the futility of worrying about it. And since no one is going to do what I mentioned above, we might as well enjoy the ride. And Ignore thye limosene liberals who preach this shit, while getting PAID to speak, who then hop in an Escalade to go to the airport, and fly to the next BS session.

AuGmENTor
10-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Here's a video of GWB himself, giving his take on global warming.
http://www.jokaroo.com/funnyvideos/will_ferell_george_bush_global_warming.html

mcgowanjm
10-01-2006, 10:52 AM
And so we are no smarter than yeast.

Just don't blame God and the Sinners
who didn't repent.

James

And on 911 (tell this Newby
how you connected 911 with Global Warming),
and you melt steel with wood?

And the chimney was where?

And the planes were ID'ed how?

James

AuGmENTor
10-01-2006, 11:30 AM
And so we are no smarter than yeast.

Just don't blame God and the Sinners
who didn't repent.

James

And the chimney was where?

And the planes were ID'ed how?

JamesDood what are you talkin about?

AuGmENTor
10-01-2006, 12:11 PM
And was I just called a fuckin nOOb? Cmon tell me, so I know weather or not to be all hurt and insulted. I hate riddles. I can never figure them out. It's no secret that I'm the dumbest guy in here. Jon asks me all the time if I know who so and so is, and the answer is invariably no, but I'm NOT a nOOb!

mcgowanjm
10-01-2006, 12:38 PM
911 is an Elite Operation.

A New Pearl Harbor.

Done to allow the Elite to maintain their Status Quo.

Peak Oil, Climate Change and Population Overshoot
have us in a triangulated crossfire.

We have 25 years to reduce Emissions by 90%-
Monbiot-Heat.

Another year of drought destroys the Amazon, ice the size
of Texas melted in the Arctic this year.

The Elite know this and have no Plan B.

More on request,
James

AuGmENTor
10-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Another year of drought destroys the Amazon, ice the size
of Texas melted in the Arctic this year.

How bout a link (non poem form) to substantiate this claim?

AuGmENTor
10-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Ahahahah, nice touch... The Riddler as your signature