PDA

View Full Version : Third Democratic Senator Backs Censure Resolution

Gold9472
03-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Third Democratic senator backs censure resolution

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Second_senator_sponsors_censure_resolution_0315.ht ml

Published: Wednesday March 15, 2006

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) has become the third U.S. senator to back a move to censure President Bush over the warrantless wiretapping program. She joins Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) and Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI)

Boxer's office said she would support the measure.

"Senator Boxer has said she would vote for the Feingold resolution," Boxer press secretary Natalie Ravitz told RAW STORY.

Roll Call reported earlier today that Harkin had joined Feingold in his bid to censure Bush. Most Democrats have not expressed an opinion on the move, but Senate aides have told RAW STORY they were frustrated with how it was introduced, and for the fact no one was told before the motion was unveiled.

Harkin told Roll Call “I think it makes sense. ... Quite frankly, I think we ought to have a full-fledged debate on this.”

"When asked if the president violated the Constitution by pressing ahead with the wiretapping effort, Harkin said, “Everything I’ve seen looks that way.”

Roll Call: "Feingold said that even though support for his resolution is low so far, he believes he is already meeting his goal of reopening the debate on the matter."