PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Senator Will Introduce Censure Motion Of Bush

Gold9472
03-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Democratic senator will introduce censure motion of Bush

http://rawstory.com/news/2006/Democratic_senator_will_introduce_censure_motion_0 312.html

Published: March 12, 2006

Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI), speaking on ABC's "This Week," declared that he will introduce a censure motion against President George W. Bush over the President's warrantless wiretapping program.

"He's going to introduce a censure motion tomorrow," Feingold spokesman Trevor Miller told RAW STORY Sunday.

Asked by George Stephanopoulos why he wasn't proposing impeachment, Feingold said he wanted to do "what's best for the country."

Feingold says Congress needs to stand up to the President. He declared that martial law wasn't declared on Sept. 11, 2001.

Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) introduced a censure motion against President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney earlier this year. The move received scant attention at the time.

President Bush, meanwhile, plans to outline his case for Iraq Monday.

"This month will mark the three-year anniversary of the start of Operation Iraqi Freedom, which liberated Iraq from the tyranny of Saddam Hussein," Bush said in his Saturday radio address. "As this milestone approaches, I will be giving a series of speeches to update the American people on our strategy for victory in Iraq. I will discuss the progress we are making, the lessons we've learned from our experiences, and how we're fixing what has not worked."

"On Monday, I will give the first of these speeches, focusing on the security element of our strategy: the task of defeating the terrorists and training Iraqi security forces so they can take the lead in the fight and defend their own democracy."