PDA

View Full Version : Zogby Poll: Bush losing support of his base

beltman713
02-20-2006, 09:20 PM
http://www.theleftcoaster.com/archives/006897.php

Zogby: Bush Approval Rating Among Conservatives Down To 61%

Zogby’s latest poll, out today, shows Bush at 40% approval. But the real news in the poll is that Zogby is seeing slippage in Bush’s base.

What is remarkable in this latest poll, conducted Feb. 15-18, 2006, is that President Bush shows weakness among the demographic groups that have comprised the heart of his political base over the past five years, according to Pollster John Zogby, President and CEO of Zogby International.

Zogby: On Bush, his overall approval/disapproval rating is 40%-60%, but he has his lowest support yet from those groups who make up his political base. Among both conservatives and those who consider themselves very conservative, 61% approve of the job he is doing. He gets only 32% of independents, and only 73% among Republicans – his lowest rating yet. Even rural voters give him just 50% approval, and 59% among those who say they are born again spiritually – marking the lowest ratings from both of these demographic groups. And Bush remains low among men, married voters and investors.

As for Iraq, his approval/ disapproval rating stands at 37%-63%; just 12% of Democrats approve of his handling of the war, compared to 88% who disapprove, which are percentages similar to our last poll. Among independents, 26% approve of his war leadership, while 74% do not, which is down slightly from our last survey. Only 68% of Republicans support his handling of the war.

On his management of the war on terror, Bush wins 43% approval, down from 67% at the time of his re-election almost 16 months ago.

Only 68% of Republicans support his handling of the war, and only 73% job approval from Republicans, with only 61% of conservatives and strong conservatives supporting him? That doesn’t bode well for the midterms. I guess Karl better create another war for the base, which, according to Empty Wheel over at DKos, is what Shooter was really working on down at the ranch.

Gold9472
02-20-2006, 09:32 PM
So much for his mandate. I wonder how his mandate went.

beltman713
02-20-2006, 09:44 PM
So much for his mandate. I wonder how his mandate went.
I heard he took it up the ass.

Uber Commandante
02-21-2006, 10:50 AM
I heard he took it up the ass.

ouch! That mandate wasn't small either....