PDA

View Full Version : Maxim Magazine Covers "9/11 Truth Movement"

Gold9472
02-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Maxim Magazine Covers '9/11 Truth Movement'

http://www.911blogger.com/2006/02/maxim-magazine-covers-911-truth.html

Maxim 9/11 Article - March 2006 - 1.4MB PDF (http://www.911blogger.com/files/MAXIM-MARCH-2006-911-Conspiracy-Theories.pdf)

(Gold9472: This is what's referred to as a "hit piece". However, this is, after all, a "skin" magazine.)

2/17/2006

Four years later [..] a growing and increasingly prominent group of Americans believes that a government conspiracy is the only explanation of "the new Pearl harbor" that makes any sense. Armed with a spate of books, compelling videos, and a recent high-profile ad campaign, the loose community that some call the 9/11 Truth Movement has moved from the shadowy basements of the Internet out into the open. Across the board, the movement operates on the conviction that the U.S. government is keeping the whole truth under wraps. And that it either planned or allowed 9/11 to happen as a pretext for invading Afghanistan and Iraq and rolling back civil liberties at home.

In the six pages allotted by Maxim this article covers a wide variety of topics in a quick and dirty fashion. Not going too in-depth on any specifics, an author named Zach Dundas has crammed everything from WTC7 to wargames to the Pentagon attack and more in Maxim's most recent issue.

The breadth of coverage of topics is equally matched by the number of 9/11 skeptics and websites which are mentioned in the article.
Here is a quick listing (with links where mentioned):

Sander Hicks
Jimmy Walter (reopen911.org)
9/11 Revealed
David Ray Griffin (The New Pearl Harbor, The 9/11 Commission Report: Ommissions and Distortions)
Carol A. Valentine (public-action.com)
Jim Hoffman (911research.com)
Steven Jones
Pentagon Strike short film (pentagonstrike.co.uk)
David Icke
Cynthia McKinney
Curt Weldon

This makes the first major magazine to cover 9/11 skeptics since Hustler interviewed Dr. David Ray Griffin last June. At this rate I think it is safe to assume that Playboy will cover 9/11 next as so far only adult men's magazines have bothered to touch the subject.

While some will call this article an attack piece, and others will insist the waters are intentionally muddied with the inclusion of 9/11 skeptics on the fringe, Maxim's latest article is exactly what I think the 9/11 Truth Movement should expect from a magazine from the outside looking in. Their willingness to even cover the subject should at least be commended.

I would suggest that those interested contact Maxim with their comments as I am sure they will be printing some in their next issue. (If someone could send in the mailing address for letters to the editor I would be happy to post it as well)

A big special thanks to Culhavoc, who runs Deconstructing a False-Flag Operation, for getting these scans so quick!