PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought

PhilosophyGenius
02-12-2006, 01:10 AM
A new requirment for voting eligability should be reaching a certain level on an I.Q. test.

Just a thought.

princesskittypoo
02-12-2006, 10:20 PM
so no one is created equal anymore?

PhilosophyGenius
02-13-2006, 02:12 AM
It's a proven fact that Bush voters have a lower I.Q. than people who voted for Kerry. I'm not sayin everyone needs to be a genius, just about retard level.

(this is a joke by the way)

Holla!

princesskittypoo
02-13-2006, 01:17 PM
if education was a requirement for voting then black people wouldn't have ever been able to vote. they weren't allowed to learn to read or write.

PhilosophyGenius
02-13-2006, 05:55 PM
not education...just not be stupid, and blacks not being allowed to read was over a hundred years ago.

princesskittypoo
02-13-2006, 09:15 PM
you think their parents and grandparents education level isn't affecting them now?

ok how do you measure "not be stupid"?

somebigguy
02-13-2006, 09:47 PM
A new requirment for voting eligability should be reaching a certain level on an I.Q. test.

Just a thought.
I think public officials should also reach a certain I.Q. as well, however I'm sure they'd just cheat...

PhilosophyGenius
02-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Anybody who thinks intelligent design should be taught in class or that Bush is a great president should stay home on election day. Sorry.

princesskittypoo
02-14-2006, 06:11 PM
and that's your decision because you don't believe in it.... let people believe what they want so long as they don't hurt you ok... have you or everyone else in the world for that matter forgotten what tolerance is?
christians don't like muslims cause they aren't christians so lets kill them off
rich don't like poor cause they're poor so lets not care if they don't get essentials thing to live like food and water and health care.
nothing is anyone's problems because they are different from them...

by the way good point sbg they probably would cheat.

PhilosophyGenius
02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
damn it was just a joke

princesskittypoo
02-14-2006, 06:14 PM
i know i'm debating.

jetsetlemming
02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
damn it was just a joke
You forgot to include a "holla" or a :P face.

Uber Commandante
02-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Don't you think it kind of works in the favor of this political system to maintain an ignorant population?

I mean, cutting education funds (whcih are horrible to begin with), and keeping superficial garbage on the TV 24/7 means that more and more people becoming dumberer and dumberer, and then the powers that be can pretty much do as they like and still have 45% of the populaton support them, and even cheer them on.

Simply_sexy
02-15-2006, 11:08 AM
damn it was just a joke
Ha, that'll teach ya!!

Simply_sexy
02-15-2006, 11:11 AM
if education was a requirement for voting then black people wouldn't have ever been able to vote. they weren't allowed to learn to read or write.
An IQ test isn't simply reading and writing though...There are a lot of places that will read the questions to you and then write down your answers if you have a reading disability (my younger brother is dsylexic).

Simply_sexy
02-15-2006, 11:13 AM
you think their parents and grandparents education level isn't affecting them now?

ok how do you measure "not be stupid"?
I don't think so...
Currently we have a little law that requires children to go to school through age 16. Even though their parents might be illiterate and have had little schooling, their children are subject to different laws and rules that simply don't allow them to become like their parents and grandparents.

Simply_sexy
02-15-2006, 11:16 AM
As for measuring 'stupidity', on an IQ test, there is certain ranges that will tell you which category you fall into.
I'm sure that its not called stupid, but its more like mentally challenged or something...

FYI, my college requires IQ tests when you enter and exit and when I entered, I was borderline genius, believe it or not!

jetsetlemming
02-15-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't find the I.Q. tests very valuable. Case in point: I got a 155 the last time I took one. If I can score high it can't be worth much.

princesskittypoo
02-15-2006, 06:04 PM
i scored 140 and i know i shouldn't have!

i didn't know there were different laws for people to not be like their parents (what s.s. said earlier and i can't say correctly now)