PDA

View Full Version : Are We Heading For A Mad Max Scenario?

beltman713
01-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Are We Heading For A Mad Max Scenario?

No more oil. Groups of scavengers killing and pillaging for the last drops of oil and gas that can be found. No more cities.

beltman713
01-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Yes, I know I spelled scenario wrong.

Gold9472
01-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Could you imagine?

Gold9472
01-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I guess so... you made the thread.

jschurchin
01-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Nothing lasts forever, and we already have the technology to make vehicles that run on alternative sources. Why our industrial capacity is not utilized in this way is beyond me.

Gold9472
01-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Wasn't there a good Tina Turner song that came out of that movie?

Good Doctor HST
01-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Groups of scavengers killing and pillaging for the last drops of oil and gas that can be found.

See: War in Iraq (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/)

Gold9472
01-27-2006, 10:10 PM
See: War in Iraq (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/)

Sorry... never heard of it.

PhilosophyGenius
01-28-2006, 01:12 AM
In the future, nuclear energy will replace the void oil left behind.

Mark my words.

beltman713
01-28-2006, 01:14 AM
Nothing lasts forever, and we already have the technology to make vehicles that run on alternative sources. Why our industrial capacity is not utilized in this way is beyond me.
Oil companies won't let that happen.

Satan
06-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Yes, the end is very near.

princesskittypoo
06-23-2006, 11:05 PM
i haven't seen mad max in so long that i don't really remember what it's about. all i remember is really weird vehicles and dust.

AuGmENTor
06-24-2006, 07:59 AM
i haven't seen mad max in so long that i don't really remember what it's about. all i remember is really weird vehicles and dust.
Yeah and thats all Iraq is, dust and crazy lookin vehicles. Good movie though. If the oil companys trundled out the REAL alterative fuel vehicles right now, they wouldn't have gotten every dollar they could have out of oil. I don't think you'll ever see it deteriorate to mad max proportions. If nothing else your govt would declare martial law and put us all in those fema camps. We'd burn alot less oil that way.

princesskittypoo
06-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah and thats all Iraq is, dust and crazy lookin vehicles. Good movie though. If the oil companys trundled out the REAL alterative fuel vehicles right now, they wouldn't have gotten every dollar they could have out of oil. I don't think you'll ever see it deteriorate to mad max proportions. If nothing else your govt would declare martial law and put us all in those fema camps. We'd burn alot less oil that way.
sounds like the kind of scenario they are wanting... think about it... world domination...

AuGmENTor
06-24-2006, 11:03 PM
yeah well thats whats coming if we dont DO something already... this talkin shit is gettin nowhere.

princesskittypoo
06-25-2006, 01:13 AM
yeah well thats whats coming if we dont DO something already... this talkin shit is gettin nowhere.
what do you suggest?

AuGmENTor
06-25-2006, 09:04 AM
I don't know. I've said before that I'm not all that bright. I understand my limitation. I can see that something else need to happen, but that is the extent I can reason ot out to. With all these brainiacs in here, one of them should be able to come up with something.

AuGmENTor
10-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Seems like maybe that's JUST where we're headed...

Custom Trucks With Hidden Trapdoors Used To Steal Gas From Fla. Stations

Sheriff: 'My Concern Is With Homeland Security'

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Several arrests involving custom-built trucks with hidden trapdoors used to siphon hundreds of gallons of gasoline may be linked to an organized crime ring targeting stations.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/ibs.orlpn.news/national;kw=news+square+14371886;ad=true;pgtype=de tail;tile=1;sz=300x250;ord=123456789?

"My concern is with Homeland Security," Police County sheriff Grady Judd said. "When someone can pull up to a store during business hours and steal hundreds of gallons of gas and simply move on to the next station."

Investigators said Jose Guerra, 22, and Octavio Garcia, 27, were charged with siphoning off hundreds of gallons of gasoline from the Mobil station located on Curry Ford Road and Goldenrod in east Orange County.

Wednesday, police said Hobert Gibson, 70, siphoned and stole more than 900 gallons of gas from underground fuel tanks at stations in Polk County.

In both crimes, police said, the men used similar custom-built trucks to steal the gasoline.

Deputies said they witnessed Gibson steal gasoline from two stations Tuesday.

He would pull over near the underground storage tank at a gas station, pop the trailer's hood and pretend to fix a problem, as the trap door obscured the view of gas being pumped into the tanks, according to police.

"It was broad daylight, nobody knew that's what he was doing," sheriff's representative Carrie Rodgers said. "He was that good at it."

Sheriff officials believe Gibson stole gas on a daily basis since at least January. They said he may have taken 10,000 gallons of fuel a week to sell at his towing company.

http://www.local6.com/news/14371886/detail.html

pigboy666
10-19-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm gonna buy front row tickets for the "Thunder Dome" ! Master Blaster Kicks Ass!