PDA

View Full Version : Demanding Answers

Gold9472
01-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Demanding answers

http://www.normantranscript.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_022004645

By Melissa A. Wabnitz
1/27/2006

The Oklahoma City Murrah Bombing didn’t just change the way Charles Key, former state representative, felt about government. It changed his life.

“I wasn’t a conspiracy theorist before,” he said during a panel discussion with other members of the Oklahoma Bombing Investigation Committee, “But what happened to me was something that changed my life forever. It changed my perspective. ”

So too did the event change the perspective of V.Z. Lawton, who, like Key, has been searching for “the real story of what happened.”

“I’m going to pursue this until my dying day,” Lawton said. “Justice cannot be served without the truth, which has gone to the wayside…”

That story, one of cover-up by the U.S. government and the mainstream media has plagued the men, was the day-long topic of Saturday’s Oklahoma Truth Convergence. So too were question upon answered question.

After relaying his first-hand experience of the Murrah Bombing, Lawton told audiences he didn’t believe McVeigh was the only one who planted bombs in the federal building.

“There were explosive devices planted there and that’s what I felt when it really started shaking,” Lawton said. “I was sitting there, being told the story by the government people I listened to on TV and just kept wondering why I didn’t hear the truck bomb brought into the building downtown go off?.”

The government’s refusal to turn over the surveillance tapes of the Murrah and surrounding buildings and witness accounts of McVeigh’s still-unidentified accomplices were also the subject of much discussion.

“We don’t know who is responsible,” Lawton said. “But we know who is responsible for covering up the evidence.”

Audience members, though fewer in number than organizers had hoped, seized the opportunity to ask questions and provide theories of their own.

Ultimately, Key said, he believes the Murrah bombing was likely the result of a “sting operation that got real out of hand” or an overlapping sting and domestic public relations strategy. Various accounts of having prior account, including a quote attributed to U.S. Senator Earnest Istook, led him and others to believe the tumultuous Oklahoma and subsequent Sept. 11 New York attacks —weren’t just coincidences.

“(The Murrah bombing) began as a sting after Waco,” he said. “The higher ups put together a fake sting operation to look good and then it got out of control.”

The event, organized by the Libertarians of the University of Oklahoma, C.M. Films and OTR Film Productions, 911truth.org, the Oklahoma Bombing Investigation Committee and students, was meant to “help spread information and ideas” said student Sarah Moore.

“When you’re surrounded by people with the same ideas, you’re not only reminded of what you know, but you have a growing desire to know and learn even more,” she said.

For more information about the Oklahoma Truth Convergence, visit the Web sites www.okctruth.com (http://www.okctruth.com) and www.cerebellum.tv (http://www.cerebellum.tv).