PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore's Speech On Wiretapping - Video Inside

Gold9472
01-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Al Gore's Speech On Wiretapping

Click Here (rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/ter/ter011606_gore.rm)

beltman713
01-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Awesome speech.

Gold9472
01-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Awesome speech.

Here's something Kyle Hence just sent me...

I wholly support the call to action put forward by Al Gore and think it is imperative that Congress stand up to this power grab by the Executive and demand the appointment by the conflicted Alberto Gonzalez, of a Special Counsel to investigate obvious violations of the Constitution by the Bush White House. However I take issue with his characterization of the lack of action taken in response to intelligence gathered about the 9/11 hijackers. As 9/11 widow Kristen Breitweiser suggests in her blog on this issue, the pattern of the evidence of dropped ball after dropped ball, etc. etc. indicates a deliberate willful pattern of ignoring intelligence NOT mere incompetence.

See:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-breitweiser/enabling-danger-part-one_b_5951.html

Kyle F. Hence
9/11 CitizensWatch

Excerpt from Kristen's Blog posting on Huffington Post:

Surveillance of the Hijackers?the proof.

The speed by which our government was able to accumulate such a vast amount of information immediately following the 9/11 attacks (in less than 24 hours) is the most persuasive proof that our government had the hijackers under its surveillance. FBI agents descended upon the very flight schools (out of the thousands of flight schools in our country) that the hijackers attended within two hours of the attacks. They were seen removing files from the flight schools buildings. Furthermore, photos of the hijackers and details about their activities in the final days before the attacks were also immediately presented to the American people. I mean you are talking about an intelligence apparatus that according to official accounts was completely in the dark about the plotting and planning of the 9/11 attacks. They ? our intelligence agencies ? knew nothing about the operatives living in this country?the operatives that were fully imbedded and openly training in our flight schools, partaking in practice flights across this country, receiving wire transfers from al Qaeda sources, and repeatedly traveling in and out of this country to visit other terrorists and terrorist facilities. Yet, for a group of agencies caught completely flat-footed on the day of 9/11, they certainly were able to get their act together at a time when most?if not all-- of this nation?s citizens were brought to their knees.

Additionally, when one carefully reads the 9/11 chronology and information provided in the public record, it becomes increasingly clear that the CIA?s repeated failure to share information with the FBI about two of the 9/11 hijackers?al Mihdhar and al Hazmi-- was purposeful. There exists at least seven instances between January 2000 and September 11th, 2001, that the CIA withheld vital information from the FBI about these two hijackers who were inside this country training for the attacks. Once, twice, maybe even three times could be considered merely careless oversights. But at least seven documented times? To me, that suggests something else. (To read about these instances, I suggest you read 9/11 materials relating to the "watchlisting issue" involving al Mihdhar and al Hazmi which is a story so detailed, that it deserves its own lengthy blog.)