PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Thompson was working on WTC collapse story before mysterious sudden death

somebigguy
03-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey HST, we're you aware of this story?

http://www.libertythink.com/2005/03/hunter-thompson-was-working-on-wtc.html

somebigguy
03-04-2005, 04:33 PM
The whole article is here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Page/document/v4/sub/MarketingPage?user_URL=http://www.theglobeandmail.com%2Fservlet%2FArticleNews%2F TPStory%2FLAC%2F20050226%2FHUNTER26%2FTPFocus%2F&ord=3023863&brand=theglobeandmail&redirect_reason=2&denial_reasons=none&force_login=false

You have to buy the damn thing.

somebigguy
03-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Here's more:

http://www.libertythink.com/2005/03/hunter-thompson-friend-confirms-was.html

Found this at www.letsroll911.org BTW.

Good Doctor HST
03-05-2005, 10:37 AM
I didn't know about this article or what he had been working on. I've seen some articles bringing up suspicions about his "suicide". I'll check it out now. Thanks for the link.

somebigguy
03-05-2005, 10:47 AM
I didn't know about this article or what he had been working on. I've seen some articles bringing up suspicions about his "suicide". I'll check it out now. Thanks for the link.
No problem, maybe I'll spring for the $$$ and buy the whole story from the Globe & Mail.

Good Doctor HST
03-05-2005, 11:07 AM
There are a lot of questions unanswered about the whole deal.

Here's another aspect of the story, from the Rocky Mountain News:

"Hunter Thompson, found seated in his chair in front of his typewriter, had typed the word counselor in the center of a page of his Fourth Amendment Foundation stationery, Deputy Ron Ryan said in his report.

Hunter Thompson had started the foundation to defend victims of unwarranted search and seizure.

A soft-sided gun case was found at Hunter Thompson's feet along with a spent shell casing and a semiautomatic Smith & Wesson model 645 handgun, Ryan's report said.

The gun's magazine had six bullets left in the clip, but no bullet was found in the gun's firing chamber, Ryan said.

"I think a bullet from the magazine should have cycled into the chamber, but if there's a malfunction, they may not," DiSalvo said.

DiSalvo said he hadn't checked the gun, but the weapon could have been on a manual cycle that would have stopped the other bullets from going into the chamber.
The spent slug was found in the stove's hood behind Hunter Thompson's body, investigators said."

If a fucking group of Barney Fife's wouldn't have been up there investigating, maybe someone might have found no bullet in the chamber after the shot a little suspicious? On an automatic weapon?

The whole thing reeks. Why would he kill himself when he's about to dive into writing about the most important event of his lifetime (9/11) that implicates the gov't and president he loves to hate? This "wanting to go out on top" is a lame garbage excuse. Yes, he had his health problems.... but to not finish an article holding valuable info about the WTC attacks seems unplausible. I'd like to know what he knew. I hope someone else picks the ball up where he left off.

somebigguy
03-05-2005, 11:12 AM
There are a lot of questions unanswered about the whole deal.

Here's another aspect of the story, from the Rocky Mountain News:

"Hunter Thompson, found seated in his chair in front of his typewriter, had typed the word counselor in the center of a page of his Fourth Amendment Foundation stationery, Deputy Ron Ryan said in his report.

Hunter Thompson had started the foundation to defend victims of unwarranted search and seizure.

A soft-sided gun case was found at Hunter Thompson's feet along with a spent shell casing and a semiautomatic Smith & Wesson model 645 handgun, Ryan's report said.

The gun's magazine had six bullets left in the clip, but no bullet was found in the gun's firing chamber, Ryan said.

"I think a bullet from the magazine should have cycled into the chamber, but if there's a malfunction, they may not," DiSalvo said.

DiSalvo said he hadn't checked the gun, but the weapon could have been on a manual cycle that would have stopped the other bullets from going into the chamber.
The spent slug was found in the stove's hood behind Hunter Thompson's body, investigators said."

If a fucking group of Barney Fife's wouldn't have been up there investigating, maybe someone might have found no bullet in the chamber after the shot a little suspicious? On an automatic weapon?

The whole thing reeks. Why would he kill himself when he's about to dive into writing about the most important event of his lifetime (9/11) that implicates the gov't and president he loves to hate? This "wanting to go out on top" is a lame garbage excuse. Yes, he had his health problems.... but to not finish an article holding valuable info about the WTC attacks seems unplausible. I'd like to know what he knew. I hope someone else picks the ball up where he left off.
Here's what another HST fan had to say:

This poses an interesting situation...if Thompson was concerned about someone killing him and "making it look like suicide" one day before his body was found, that's telling. Now, before completely dismissing this account, let's rmember the rash of eyewitness "suicides" that took place after the assassination of JFK...even in cases that clearly were not suicide. It is not beyond reason to assume that the ubiquitous "They" still engage in this sort of activity.

And further, let's consider this: If Hunter was working on what could very well have been the biggest, most important story of his entire career, why would he suddenly off himself before it could be published...leaving an ESPN.com article about Bill Murray and golf as his last piece of published writing?

His wife said that he was talking on the phone with her...then he set the receiver down, and she heard a muffled gunshot. This is the only account we have of Thompson's death. By all accounts, Thompson was neither depressed, nor in enough pain to kill himself...rather, to hear anyone who knew him tell it, he was actually quite happy. We're told that he did it because he wanted to go out while he was still at the top of his game...so again, why not publish this extremely important column he was working on? Why would he feel that the Murray/golf article represented the top of his game, as opposed to a serious article/expose, dealing with issues of global importance?

Also, let's not forget that Thompson worked on a typewriter, not a computer...if he was, in fact, working on this article, it wasn't on the sheet of paper in his typewriter. It's a lot easier to remove all traces of a typewritten article than to remove any trace that might be on a computer.

Now, I'm not convinced of anything...but now I can't say I'm certain that Thompson's death was a suicide, either. There's a lot to think about here...and hopefully, more will come to light in the future to either confirm or deny these reports of a possible murder. Because to me, never really knowing would be the worst thing imaginable.

somebigguy
03-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Here's something interesting (and chilling) that Hunter said in an interview in 2003. He was discussing Iraq:

HUNTER: It was a very advanced, progressive country, had, what, 90% literacy, health care for the whole entire population. They were doing well, prosperous, high literacy. Many more book stores per capita in Iraq than there are in this country. Many. No more. We bombed their children. We killed their husbands and wives and we bombed them...and we're going to do it again. Just random killing like that, mass killing to force a population to get rid of Saddam so we can move in and take over and control the oil, God damn it, if that's not evil, I don't know what would be. You know, Bush, he’s really the evil one in here. Well, more than just him. We're the Nazis in this game, and I don't like it. I'm embarrassed and I'm pissed off. Yeah. I mean to say something and I think a lot of people in this country agree with me. A lot more never say anything. We'll see what happens to me if I get my head cut off in the next week by -- it's always unknown Bush [inaudible] strangers who commit suicide right afterward. No witnesses. They have a new kind of crime.

INTERVIEWER: Is that the CIA kind of crime?

HUNTER S. THOMPSON: Oh, absolutely. Anyone who’s a successful criminal has got a crime. Absolutely no witnesses, no records. We can go on and on. I have to be restrained on the subject.

danceyogamom
03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
wow! all this informaiton ... and what the media puts out is a line about going out at the top of his game.

crazy.

somebigguy
03-08-2005, 09:03 AM
wow! all this informaiton ... and what the media puts out is a line about going out at the top of his game.

crazy.
Isn't that something?? Considering his last story was about Golf and Bill Murray.

911=inside job
03-10-2005, 02:21 PM
good thread... i had not heard anything about this....

i cant wait to tell my wife.. lol

hi to all the old timers from psbb.... :)

somebigguy
03-10-2005, 03:43 PM
good thread... i had not heard anything about this....

i cant wait to tell my wife.. lol

hi to all the old timers from psbb.... :)
Hey Inside, nice to see you, stick around!!!

Good Doctor HST
03-11-2005, 10:01 PM
A Pair of Deviant Bookends

Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005

By: JOHNNY DEPP

"Buy the ticket, take the ride." These are the words that echo in my skull. The words that our Good Doctor lived by and, by God, died by. He dictated, created, commanded, demanded, manipulated, manhandled and snatched life up by the short hairs and only relinquished his powerful grasp when he was ready. There's the rub. When he was ready. That is what we are left with. We are here, without him. But in no way are we left with nothing, far from it. We have his words, his books, his insights, his humor and his truth. For those of us lucky enough to have been close to him, which often meant rather lengthy and dangerous occasions that would invariably lead to uncontrollable fits of laughter, we have the memory of his Cheshire grin leading us wherever he felt we needed to go. Which, by the way, was always the right direction, however insane it may have seemed. Yes, the doctor always knew best. I have, seared onto my brain, the millions of hideous little adventures that I was blessed enough to have lived through with him and, frankly, in certain instances, blessed to have lived through. He was/is a brother, a friend, a hero, a father, a son, a teacher, a partner in crime. Our crime: fun. Always, fun.

In December 1995 I was vacationing in Aspen, Colorado.... The fucking town is just lousy with "beautiful people." My first instinct was to stay inside and drink grog, or as the twinkling jet set refers to them, "hot toddies." My time in Aspen was spent as far from the madding crowd as humanly possible until, in spite of my self-induced seclusion, I ran into Alan Finkelstein. Alan, being no stranger to fun, sprang the news on me that Dr. Hunter S. Thompson lived nearby, and would I like to meet him that night at Woody Creek Tavern?

A few of us wandered out into the snow and waited for lightning to strike. Somewhere around 11 p.m., an unusually loud noise stole my attention and then demanded the room's attention -- a hush on one side, fearful murmurings on the other, were replaced by mounting screams, as what appeared to be an electric saber swung wildly near the entrance of the bar. A deep, raspy voice was hollering for people to get out of his way, threatening to shock the living shit out of any swine who lingered in his path.

Tall and lanky, wearing a woolen Native American-looking knit hat that trailed down past his shoulders, the ubiquitous aviators tight to the face attached to that smile -- a massive hand shot toward me. I placed my hand in his firm hold and gave back what I got. The beginning, I knew, of a long and deep-rooted friendship.

He plopped himself into a chair, laid his armaments on the table -- a giant cattle prod and a hefty Taser gun. We had a few rounds, talked about this and that and connected on more than a few levels, not the least being the discovery that we both hailed from the same dark and bloody ground, the great state of Kentucky. That fact alone sent Hunter into eloquent tirades ranging from Southern chivalry to hillbilly moonshine-running to our fellow Kentuckian Cassius Clay. Within no time, the group was invited back to Owl Farm, Hunter's fortified compound just up the road from the tavern. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Hunter's assistant, Deborah Fuller, who would later become known as the Vitamin Queen, because of her painstaking and meticulous nursing of Hunter -- and myself when I moved into the house. Her daily delivery of B's, C's, D's and E's and general TLC kept us as healthy and alive as was within reason, bless her.

Hunter and I hunkered down in the kitchen, better known as the "command center," babbling ourselves silly, when I paid him a compliment concerning a smartlooking nickel-plated shotgun hanging up on a rack. Before I knew what was what, I found my hands wrapped around a rather large propane tank, and he was meticulously instructing me to duct-tape a fist-size box to the side of it. While in the process of this bizarre ritual, I inquired as to the box's contents. "Oh, yeah...that??? Uh...nitroglycerin." Panicked, I instantly and deftly heaved the cigarette I was smoking into the kitchen sink and continued the job.

At roughly 2:30 a.m. we strolled out to Hunter's back yard. My larger-than-large propane bomb sat approximately fifteen yards dead ahead. The Good Doctor was off to my right coaching and coaxing, giddy with anticipation. Shotgun firmly in hand, I pumped a shell into the chamber and leveled the beast at our preposterously explosive target. Pitch-black night, a thousand million stars in the sky, dead calm, the neighbors safely tucked in for a pleasant nighty-night and then, BLAMMO! A direct hit and the target exploded into an eighty-foot fireball. "Good shooting, man!" Hunter feverishly screamed. "That was one hell of a shot.... Hot damn! Yes!"

Casey
03-13-2005, 11:37 AM
This is crazy stuff. To think that Thompson might have been murdered because he was going to tell information on 9/11....scary... It's not a good time to be a reporter these days.

Gold9472
03-13-2005, 11:40 AM
This is crazy stuff. To think that Thompson might have been murdered because he was going to tell information on 9/11....scary... It's not a good time to be a reporter these days.

Everyone on this board is a reporter... :)

911=inside job
03-23-2005, 03:34 AM
this shit pisses me off.... big time!!!

Good Doctor HST
04-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Information relating to the U.S.A. Patriot Act II:

"Section 127 grants federal agents autopsy authority in any case, overriding state and local agencies. This is especially important in cases where the government could be investigated for impropriety or for incorrect use of force. There would be no evidence to bring to trial. More, this is not in any way restricted to suspected terrorist activities and is open for abuse."

- From http://www.jotunheim.net/politics/

"Section 127 of Patriot II allows the Federal government to supercede all local statutes governing autopsies in terrorism investigations which means literally that if a person died at the hands of an illegal federal investigation, the autopsy results could show a suicide or some other finding favorable to the government."

- From "Crossing The Rubicon" by Michael C. Ruppert