PDA

View Full Version : the god who wasnt there...

911=inside job
01-07-2006, 03:39 PM
im going to watch this flick today.... it should be good...

http://www.eastbayatheists.org/meetings.html

“The God Who Wasn’t There” will be shown. This documentary, which was given its world premiere last summer by San Francisco Atheists, is one of the most subversively anti-Christian movies ever made. It accomplishes this not by ridiculing Christians, but rather by telling the truth about Christian mythology. Simply put there is no evidence to support the proposition that Jesus ever existed, and plenty of evidence that the myths surrounding him have their origins in older pagan religions. Early Christian writings by Paul never acknowledged that Jesus was a person; rather he existed somewhere between heaven and earth. The cult later borrowed heavily from preexisting myths to construct an “eye witness” account of his life. Unfortunately different Biblical story tellers contradicted each other, but then the Lord works in mysterious ways...
We will also have a short talk by a member about the Atheists in Foxholes rally in Washington, DC, last Veterans Day. We hope to also be able to show some photos of the event.
Finally we will present a short video of a recent appearance of Ellen Johnson, President of American Atheists, on national TV. The interviewer was hostile and condescending, but then what’s new?

aceace
01-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Maybe an explanation something like this....

http://www.hiddenmeanings.com/

911=inside job
01-07-2006, 04:43 PM
i dont have time right now to fully look at thos guys pages but i will... it looks good..

i like this quote...Randi Rhodes

Made this comment on her program heard on Air America on XM-Satellite Radio.

Randi said that with the administrations latest request for Iraq funds in the amount of $100 million dollars, it brings the total cost of the war so far in dollars to half a trillion.

She stated that half a trillion dollars works out to $20,000 per Iraqi.

Randi continued^ that instead of invading Iraq and killing over 2000 Americans and over 30,000 Iraqis, all we would have had to do is tell the Iraqis that if they get rid of Saddam everyone in the country would get $20,000.

Saddam would have been gone in 15 minutes.

Randi also suggested that if we had offered Saddam a half a trillion dollars he would have pulled his own statue down himself.

jetsetlemming
01-09-2006, 01:49 PM
What a stupid idea... Apparently you think that nothings more important than money, even to the Iraqis. They wouldn't do shit for any amount of money. They'd only act if they thought they could win their freedom. $20,000 is useless at the bottom of a mass grave.

911=inside job
01-11-2006, 03:58 PM
youre a retard... americans as a whole would do just about anything if everyone got 20 grand!!! HAHAHAH!!!

the movie was great by the way... i have big doubts that jesus wasnt even a real dude.. lol

jetsetlemming
01-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Yes, I'm sure YOU'D get yourself killed in an impossible task for some money, but most people are actually sane. The Iraqis without American help could never ever thrown off Saddam and his supporters, and his supporters wouldn't betray him, they're making way more than 20 grand in his benefactory. Just ask France. You might as well ask the peasants to fly.