PDA

View Full Version : New Saddam Documents Detail Terror Training

Gold9472
01-07-2006, 01:02 AM
New Saddam Documents Detail Terror Training

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/1/6/231235.shtml

(Gold9472: I know this is newsmax, which is a right wing paper, but I wanted to post this to point out something. Baghdad fell on April 9th, 2003. Close to two years ago. Why on EARTH would they have waited two years to release something that would have saved them A LOT of problems? If this is true...)

The Bush administration is preparing to release never-before-seen documents captured when U.S. forces liberated Baghdad that chronicle the extensive training of thousands of radical Islamic terrorists by Saddam Hussein's regime.

"The secret training took place primarily at three camps in Samarra, Ramadi, and Salman Pak," reports the Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes, who adds that the operations began two years before the 9/11 attacks and were "directed by elite Iraqi military units."

The existence of these documents, and the nature of what they describe, has been confirmed to the Standard by eleven U.S. government officials, Hayes says.

If true, the documents represent a bombshell finding that shatters the claims of Iraq war critics who have maintained for three years that Saddam Hussein had no connection whatsoever to Islamic terrorism.

More intriguing still is the documentation on Salman Pak - a camp previously described by Iraqi defectors as the location of airline hijacking dress rehearsals that bear a striking resemblance to what took place on 9/11.

Hayes reports that the materials currently being reviewed for release include photographs, handwritten notes, typed documents, audiotapes and videotapes - plus information recovered from compact discs, floppy discs and computer hard drives.

Taken together, the material chronicles a massive operation that trained 2,000 terrorists to attack Western interests each year from 1999 to 2002.

The volume of material examined so far represents the tip of the iceberg. Of the 2 million items recovered from Saddam's regime, just 50,000 have been thoroughly translated and analyzed.

"Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has convened several meetings in recent weeks to discuss the Pentagon's role in expediting the release of this information," the Standard says.

Gold9472
01-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Take note of the news organizations picking this up at 12:32am...

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/articles/article.html?id=11321
http://powerlineblog.com/archives/012754.php
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Check.asp?idArticle=6550&r=kmbzd
http://www.axcessnews.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=7504

Gold9472
01-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Here's what the Standard is saying...

"Nearly three years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, only 50,000 of these 2 million "exploitable items" have been thoroughly examined. That's 2.5 percent. Despite the hard work of the individuals assigned to the "DOCEX" project, the process is not moving quickly enough, says Michael Tanji, a former Defense Intelligence Agency official who helped lead the document exploitation effort for 18 months. "At this rate," he says, "if we continue to approach DOCEX in a linear fashion, our great-grandchildren will still be sorting through this stuff."

Most of the 50,000 translated documents relate directly to weapons of mass destruction programs and scientists, since David Kay and his Iraq Survey Group--who were among the first to analyze the finds--considered those items top priority. "At first, if it wasn't WMD, it wasn't translated. It wasn't exploited," says a former military intelligence officer who worked on the documents in Iraq."

Gold9472
01-07-2006, 01:47 AM
BTW... even if Saddam did train terrorists, which I don't believe for a minute he did, but even if Saddam did train terrorists, that's still no excuse to attack a country that never attacked us.

Gold9472
01-07-2006, 01:54 AM
This is going to get fucking ugly... I can feel it. I'm going to bed.

somebigguy
01-07-2006, 09:39 AM
This is going to get fucking ugly... I can feel it. I'm going to bed.
Thats good, it'll get better looking around here after you leave...

Gold9472
01-07-2006, 12:01 PM
I think it's VERY interesting that this group, "Move America Forward (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7321)" establishes themselves a few weeks before this "news" comes out...

ladyphoenix
01-07-2006, 01:33 PM
I'll tell you what, I haven't noticed what the president's approval ratings are, but I'll tell you this: This Administration has a history of forging documents to rationalize their actions. They portrayed tapes of Osama Bin Laden as true and genuine when they had been proven to be forgeries by a company in Sweden (I'm going to have to find that article again), time and time again they have mistranslated tapes of Osama. Joe Wilson says that there is no way in hell that Saddam tried to by Uranium from Niger, and why? Because the documents were forged. Then, we learn that one of the nuclear scientists from Saddam's program, who lives in Canada now, tells us that Saddam had an active nuclear program before we bombed the shit out of him in 91, and that the rumors of purchase of Uranium were more than 15 years old when they came out with them just recently. After hearing that the issues with the documents our government provided to support the Niger claim had incorrect dates and signatures of people who had no power to authorize such dealings, my guess is that they recycled old documents and tried to make them look new. Not to mention that Condi Rice and Colin Powell are both on record in 2001, just before 9-11, as saying that Saddam was no threat, that our sactions had effectively prevented him from committing any acts of aggression toward us, or even his own neighbors.

Now, take that with the fact that Saddam was the type of guy who wouldn't suffer to live anyone who might at some point try to overthrow him. He did not permit terrorists in his country. The only "radicals" that existed in Iraq when we invaded were the ones in that little bitty northern section over which he admittedly had no control.

Do I believe that Saddam was training terrorists? Hell no. Do I believe that our government could have forged these documents, based on prior attempts to justify their actions by forging documents? If I didn't, I'd have to be very nieve.

As with everything else, including 9-11 (whether you believe the government was involved or not), they are using every little thing they can to try to win back the hearts of the people. They know this war is becoming more unpopular by the second, and they are scraping and scrounging for anything that might postpone a pull-out by popular demand.

Gold9472
01-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I'll tell you what, I haven't noticed what the president's approval ratings are, but I'll tell you this: This Administration has a history of forging documents to rationalize their actions. They portrayed tapes of Osama Bin Laden as true and genuine when they had been proven to be forgeries by a company in Sweden (I'm going to have to find that article again), time and time again they have mistranslated tapes of Osama. Joe Wilson says that there is no way in hell that Saddam tried to by Uranium from Niger, and why? Because the documents were forged. Then, we learn that one of the nuclear scientists from Saddam's program, who lives in Canada now, tells us that Saddam had an active nuclear program before we bombed the shit out of him in 91, and that the rumors of purchase of Uranium were more than 15 years old when they came out with them just recently. After hearing that the issues with the documents our government provided to support the Niger claim had incorrect dates and signatures of people who had no power to authorize such dealings, my guess is that they recycled old documents and tried to make them look new. Not to mention that Condi Rice and Colin Powell are both on record in 2001, just before 9-11, as saying that Saddam was no threat, that our sactions had effectively prevented him from committing any acts of aggression toward us, or even his own neighbors.

Now, take that with the fact that Saddam was the type of guy who wouldn't suffer to live anyone who might at some point try to overthrow him. He did not permit terrorists in his country. The only "radicals" that existed in Iraq when we invaded were the ones in that little bitty northern section over which he admittedly had no control.

Do I believe that Saddam was training terrorists? Hell no. Do I believe that our government could have forged these documents, based on prior attempts to justify their actions by forging documents? If I didn't, I'd have to be very nieve.

As with everything else, including 9-11 (whether you believe the government was involved or not), they are using every little thing they can to try to win back the hearts of the people. They know this war is becoming more unpopular by the second, and they are scraping and scrounging for anything that might postpone a pull-out by popular demand.

Well said.

Gold9472
01-07-2006, 01:43 PM
"They portrayed tapes of Osama Bin Laden as true and genuine when they had been proven to be forgeries by a company in Sweden (I'm going to have to find that article again)"

Please source that... when you get the chance. Thanks.

ladyphoenix
01-07-2006, 07:52 PM
"They portrayed tapes of Osama Bin Laden as true and genuine when they had been proven to be forgeries by a company in Sweden (I'm going to have to find that article again)"

Please source that... when you get the chance. Thanks.

I apologize, I misspoke earlier, it was the Swiss. I knew it started with S.

Here's a related article.

http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/swissinfo.html?siteSect=2251&sid=1485474

Gold9472
01-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks!

Partridge
01-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Edit: Sorry, didn't read the second page. Further link below.

Partridge
01-08-2006, 11:43 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2526309.stm

Gold9472
01-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Cool... BBC.

Gold9472
01-15-2006, 12:10 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/01/13/opinion/main1209713.shtml

I am thoroughly convinced that CBSNews and the Weekly Standard are one and the same.