PDA

View Full Version : US air strike kills 14 members of Iraqi family

Partridge
01-03-2006, 12:30 PM
US air strike kills Iraqi family
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4577578.stm)

Fourteen members of one family have been killed in a US air strike that destroyed a house in northern Iraq, an Iraqi official has said. An Iraqi official from the body that liaises between Iraqi and US forces said the attack occurred in Baiji, 200km (125 miles) north of Baghdad.

The US military has made no immediate comment on the report.

US forces frequently use air strikes in their battle against Iraqi insurgents, in an effort to minimise US casualties. Ghadban Nahd Hassan, 56, told AFP news agency that 14 members of his family had been in the house when it was it bombed.

"I was with some friends in a small shop 100m away from the house when I heard the bombing at around 2130 (1830 GMT)," he said. "I rushed over to see. My house was destroyed and there was smoke everywhere."

So far, the bodies of a nine-year-old boy, an 11-year-old girl, three women and three men have been found in the rubble.

===========

Yay smartbombs!

Gold9472
01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
How do you stop accidental killing?

Partridge
01-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Hmmmmmm.... stop having wars?

ERR-ERR.

The correct answer is [drum roll], cut more federal 'help-the-poor budgets' and invest in ever newer and better smart bomb research and development. One day, we'll get it right. Trial and error my boy, trial and error.

BOOM

Gold9472
01-03-2006, 05:07 PM
You were right the first time.