PDA

View Full Version : Have You Noticed There Aren't Any "Terror Threat" Level Discussions Tonight?

Gold9472
12-31-2005, 06:45 PM
Have You Noticed There Aren't Any "Terror Threat" Level Discussions Tonight?

They had them in 2002...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/ukresponse/story/0,11017,866319,00.html

They had them in 2003

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/30/airline.security/

I can't find one from 2004, or for us this year... There are plenty in India tonight. Does that mean the date has become less of a "target"?

WhiteGuySaysThis
12-31-2005, 06:50 PM
Yes. Nobody is going to fuck with the U.S.A on the biggest party night of the year!

Gold9472
12-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah, but that hasn't been the case in past years. Does that mean New Year's Eve is no longer a "high-risk" event?

Gold9472
12-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Tight Security in Times Square

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=nation_world&id=3772187

(12/31/05 -- NEW YORK CITY) - New York City's police commissioner says there are no credible threats against Times Square this New Year's Eve.

Still, Ray Kelly tells NBC's "Today" show that extra precautions are needed in a post-9/11 world.

Police are telling revelers not to bring backpacks, large bags or alcohol to Times Square. And authorities say those leave the barricaded area before the ball drops won't be allowed back to their original spot.

Times Square will be closed to traffic this afternoon as crowds begin lining up for tonight's celebration. The first viewing areas to be filled up will be at 43rd Street. Crowds will then be directed north along Broadway and Seventh Avenue.

Gold9472
12-31-2005, 06:56 PM
I guess it's just a given.

WhiteGuySaysThis
12-31-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm sure it's still a "high-risk" event. I mean, there are MANY people in NYC waiting to watch the ball drop...

Gold9472
12-31-2005, 07:00 PM
Bush to Pass Quiet New Year's Eve at Ranch

http://www.forbes.com/work/feeds/ap/2005/12/31/ap2422025.html

(Gold9472: Just checking...)

12.31.2005, 03:36 PM

Peace and prosperity. It's a well-worn New Year's resolution, but that's what President Bush is wishing for 2006.

"The president's New Year's resolution is to continue to work tirelessly for peace abroad and prosperity at home," White House spokesman Trent Duffy said Saturday.

Bush and his wife, Laura, and her mother, Jenna Welch, will be dining at the Bush ranch here, but it's unclear whether they'll stay up long enough to ring in 2006.

In past years, the president and first lady have started the new year with a sunrise walk on their property. This year, though, Bush is leaving early on New Year's Day aboard the Marine One presidential helicopter to visit wounded troops and award Purple Hearts at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.

From there, the president is flying back to Washington on Air Force One.

The president is ending his weeklong stay at the ranch, where he cleared brush, rode his bike and prepared for his sixth year in office, with a steak dinner. Also on the New Year's Eve menu: tamales, green chili and cheese grits, grilled vegetables, black-eyed peas, a Texas grapefruit and mozzarella cheese salad, and chocolate cake.

"He's just spending time with Mrs. Bush," Duffy said, adding that the couple's twin daughters were not spending New Year's Eve at the ranch.

On Wednesday, Bush is expected to watch the Rose Bowl, which pits No. 1 Southern California against No. 2 Texas for the national title.

"As a huge college football fan, the president is looking forward to the Rose Bowl and pulling hard for the Texas Longhorns," Duffy said.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

WhiteGuySaysThis
12-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Peace and prosperity.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Gold9472
12-31-2005, 07:07 PM
I looked to see where Cheney, Rummy, and Condi are, but I can't find them.

Gold9472
01-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Happy New Year! What, no terror alerts?

http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=9756

(Gold9472: Apparently, I wasn't the only one to notice it.)

If anybody needs any more proof of how phony the Bushies’ war on terror is, all one had to do was go out on New Year’s Eve or watch the festivities in NY or elsewhere.

Everywhere, people were reveling, partying and generally having a grand time. What was missing from this year’s festivities were the fascist federal government’s phony terror alerts.

What, were the terrorists taking a vacation? The right-wing loonies will tell us that our beneficient federales are doing such a bang-up job that there were no credible threats this year, so no need to remind (read: scare) us with yellow or orange or red warning signs. What a load of merde!

The only place in the world, it seems, unsafe right now is the Middle East and especially Iraq. Gee, guess where our military is?

The truth - and Americans need to wake up to this concept - is that Bush and Cheney and their minions are liars, criminals and the true source of much of the world’s suffering. Since they lied to us about Iraq and the WMDs, why is it such a stretch for Americans to believe that they knew in advance of the 9/11 attacks or even planned them? Face it, huge steel structures do not collapse in orderly fashion because they are hit with planes. 9/11 was a planned demolition and Bush, Cheney, et. al. knew about it, may have participated in the planning of it, or at the very least, allowed it to happen. They need to not only be removed from office - in handcuffs - but brought to trial for the killing of more than 3000 Americans in 9/11 and 2000+ more of our military in Iraq and Afghanistan. They are murderers. They are not our true leaders. The 2000 and 2004 election fiascos should be proof enough for that.

Americans, take a stand. Get rid of these criminals and bring them to justice.

One of my New Year’s resolutions is to work toward the removal of the criminals in our executive branch. Please help me by educating yourselves and discovering the truth.

Oh, and by the way, where’s Osama? LIARS!

By: True Blue Patriot